Monday, December 14, 2020

Moving projects forward and finishing socks

Pandemic Dec 6
Here it is the start of another week and another week closer to Christmas.  It is amazing how things are so different this year but still it is time to sit back and be thankful for what we have.
 
Covid-19 still is keeping up in lockdown but at least we are able to continue to work remotely and that is good.  Now to see what the new year will bring as I know that the vaccines are now starting to arrive here in Ontario so let's see when things can slowly get back to normal.  First we need the number of cases to go down and then it might help everyone.
 
Pandemic Dec 13Pandemic - I got a few more stitches in on Pandemic but given everything else going on last week I am happy with the progress that I was able to make. I am not sure how much I will get done on this piece before Christmas as I am trying to get some Christmas ornaments finished up. It is nice to see that I have at least moved it forward a little and that is what is important right now.

Covid Snowman

Covid Christmas Ornaments - this is what I have been focusing on over the last week when I had some stitching time and I didn't have a lot of that. I was able to get at least the first snowman finished up and that makes me feel good as now I just have two more snowmen and three Santa ornaments to stitch. 

This week I hope to be able to make some more progress on these ornaments and yes I am running out of time to get them all finished up before Christmas.  I am thinking that my goal might be two snowmen and two Santa ornaments and then I can work on getting the two for me done after Christmas.

In the picture of the 2nd ornament it doesn't look like I have got a lot done but at least I know that I have quite a bit of his body finished up and then the rest of it seems to go quickly or at least that is what it felt when I did the first one.

Snowman Dec 13

Covid Snowman Dec 13
Socks - this week when I had a few minutes I was picked up some of my socks and moving a lot of them forward.  I had a bunch of socks that I just needed to decrease for the toe, so I got two of those socks completed.  It also meant that I had the circular needles ready for another sock to be cast on so one of the needles was used for the second sock of the pair.

The other needle was for a new pair of socks so that was nice and it got cast on as well.  It makes me feel good when I can see some good progress on my socks now.  I have been trying to at least work a few minutes on my socks each day in December and so far it has been going well. I know that sitting and working on these are nice and relaxing until I have to do the decrease for the toe but that doesn't take long to do.

Socks Dec 13

Of course, now that I am starting to get pairs of socks finished it is time to start wearing them and enjoying them.  I currently have two pairs of socks that I have recently knit ready to wear and a third pair and that is getting close to being finished up.  I hope to continue to knit a bit each day for the rest of the month on my socks and I will see what I can get done.

 

I hope everyone continues to be safe and you find a bit of time to do the things that you love each day.  I know that we are all dealing with a year that is so different from we could have imaged but at least maybe now things will slowly start to get better but it is going to take time.  I hope you all have a good week and you get something done that you would like to do.
 

No comments: