Monday, December 7, 2020

Another week and a bit of progress

Pandemic Nov 26
Here it is the start of another week with the world still dealing with Covid-19. Cases around Ontario still continue to be an issue with some areas being worse than other areas.  Toronto is still in the locked down state and will be for at least another 2 weeks.  

We are continuing to work remotely and yes there are some challenges but at least everyone is safe when we do it this way.  Outings are limited to the essential trips so staying put is what we are doing and I have been able to continue to get bits of crafting done so that makes me feel good.

Pandemic Dec 6
Pandemic - I didn't focus on this project very much this week as I had another project getting most of the time.  I wanted to see if I could at least get a couple of strands of thread into this project so that is what ended up happening.  I love this project and all the different sections and can't wait to give it more attention but that will have to wait until some ornaments get stitched up.

Covid Christmas Snowman
Covid Christmas Snowman - this is a project that has been a bit of a challenge for me and part of it has been the colour of fabric that I picked for these ornaments.

Last week I said that I was going to change the fabric that I was using and I did but still didn't like how they were turning out so instead of changing fabric I changed the floss that I was using.  The entire snowman is now stitched in the new Diamant thread by DMC.  It is a metallic thread and I have to admit that I enjoyed working with this thread.  Yes it has its issues like all the metallic threads but it worked up pretty easily once I figured out how to handle it.  As you can see I have most of the snowman now completed and I am looking forward to moving onto the next ornament.  I have three sets of ornaments to make so trying to decide if I am going to work on each set or should I try and get at least two of the snowman done first.  I guess I will figure that out after I get this one done.

Sock Dec 6
Socks - this week I decided it was time to pick up my socks again and see if I could get some of them off the needles.  I am currently looking at the sock pile that I have and there are three socks that are either at the decrease for the toe point or very close to that.  Once the toe is done it means that I can start another sock so that would be nice.  One sock will complete a pair and the other two are the first ones of a pair so that means two socks still need to be knit before I have the pairs of socks that I want.

 

This year everything seems so different as we approach the holiday season and a lot of that is all the running around that we normally do.  This year things are so different for everyone and I know as I have talked to friends they have all said the same thing.  We continue to make sure that we are wearing our masks, social distancing and staying home as much as possible.

I hope everyone continues to find the time each day to do something that you love doing.  It may help a bit as we all need that time to just focus on something happy.  I try each day to find even those few minutes to pick up one of my crafts and forget about everything else that is going on in the world. Hope you have a good week and please stay safe.





No comments: