Monday, April 13, 2020

Progress and some finishes

Mini Magic of Books - April 5
Here it is the start of another week.  I know that it continues to be a crazy world that we are all living in.   This week I found that there were some projects that I was happy to work on.
Mini Magic of Books - April 12

Mask Holders
 Mini Magic of Books - I continue to work on this piece a bit at a time, and I am happy with the progress that I am seeing on it. I continue to work on adding the black as it is something that I can do easily when I need to make sure that my attention is available for other tasks, such as being available to take client calls.  The colour addition is something that I do when I have a bit of time to sit and focus on it.
MAP

Mask Holders - this is a project that I started at the end of this last week and I have crocheted 40 mask holders, which I will be dropping off to a Rehabilitation Centre that could use them.  The mask holders are quick to crochet, and then the sewing on the buttons doesn't take too long to complete either. I have enjoyed working on these as it is something a little different, but I am also helping people that are required to wear masks for their entire shift at work. 
Ink Circles - Map

I am going to continue to make these mask holders as long as I have buttons that I can add to them. 

Finishes - yesterday I decided it was time to focus on trying to get a few things finished.  The first project we worked on was getting a fabric map finished and onto our wall.  We had this panel with the map of Canada for a while and finally, I got around to finishing it, and it is now hung up on our wall.

I am happy with how it looks as it means that the wall isn't so bear and we have something to help cut some of the noise in that hall.

After we got the map hung up on the wall, it was time to look at some of the finished cross stitch projects that I had.  I have lots of cross stitch projects that I have finished stitching, but I have never framed.

Avocado
It was fun looking at some of the projects that I have finished over the years while figuring out what frames we had available to start framing pieces. The first two projects that got framed were quick to do as they are both small enough to fit into a 5 x 7 frame.  Map was stitched in June 2019 and Avocado was stitched in February 2019.

I am happy seeing a couple more projects finished and now to see which project I will frame next.  I have a bunch of things that I want to finish, so that is going to be one of the tasks that I hope to get moved forward in the next few weeks.


I hope everyone is starting safe and healthy during this time.  It is a challenge for all of us, and we have to understand that we aren't alone during this time.  Try to find some time each day to do something for yourself that you enjoy.  I hope you have a good week, and I will see what I can do this week.




No comments: