Monday, December 16, 2019

A little bit of progress

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL'19 - Dec 4

Yes, I am here, and it is Monday morning, and I am going to try and get two weeks caught up. This might be a bit longer than normal, but you will understand if you read to the end of the post to see why.   

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL'19 - I have been slowly working on this piece, and you can see that I haven't been able to get a lot of time to sit and work on this piece.  I am looking forward to seeing how much more of this I can get done before the end of the year.  I would love to see the rest of the border finished, but I am not sure if that is going to happen with only 2 weeks left in the year.
Linen and Threads Mystery SAL'19 - Dec 15

I am going to be working hard to see how much of it I can get done as the 2020 design size and the title have been released, so I will need to get prepared to start that project on January 1st.

If things so well, I should be able to see a bit more progress on this project during the week, but I will have to see how things go.

Everyday Shawl - Dec 14
Everyday Shawl - I have been getting bits of time to knit in the last couple of weeks, and I have been trying to move both the grey and teal shawls forward.  I am really glad that I put in the marker for the beginning of the month, as I can see how much I have been able to get completed since the beginning of the month. 

Everyday Shawl - Dec 14
On the grey shawl, the orange marker shows the beginning of December and the green is where I was on December 8th.  I like this shawl as it is simple knitting and something that I can work on when I just need something easy to work on and don't want to follow a pattern.

On the teal shawl, the green marker shows the beginning of December and the orange is where I was on December 8th.  I have been trying to work on this shawl a bit at a time as I am trying to get the chevrons completed so that I can get this shawl also to the point where it is easy to work on, and I don't need the pattern, but it is still going to be sometime before I do that.

Hex keychain
English Paper Piecing - This weekend, I had a bit of time to sit and try and figure out a couple of other ideas for using some of the motifs that I have been working on.  The first project was a keychain using the motifs, and that didn't take too long to complete as it was a simple and fun project.

Hex pincushion
The other project that I wanted to try and make was a Hexagon pincushion, so I sat down and worked on getting it made.  Sure there were some challenges making it as you have the cardstock in all the motifs until you get quite a bit of the pincushion sewn together.  I am happy with how it turned out, and now I am going to try and make a couple more of them.

I look forward to seeing all the different things that I can make using the motifs that I have.  I have some larger items on the go, but considering they are just a pile of motifs, I haven't taken any pictures of them.


QuickBooks Connect - Now, here is the reason why there was no blog last week.  I was at a three-day conference for QuickBooks, which is the accounting software that I use. The conference was wonderful and I learned quite a few new things about the software and other things.

Chris Hadfield at QuickBooks Connect
One of the keynotes at the conference was Col. Chris Hadfield, and it was wonderful to listen to his talk.  We were four rows from the stage, and it was a great spot to see him and also get a couple of pictures of him. The other highlight of his keynote was when, after completing his talk, he picked up his guitar and sang two songs to wrap up was a great day.

The conference was three extremely busy days, and now it is getting back to getting everything else done.


I hope everyone has a great week, and you find some time to do something that you enjoy doing most days.  It doesn't have to be for long, but at least a few minutes of doing something for yourself is important.







No comments: