Monday, December 23, 2019

A bit of progress

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL'19 - Dec 15
Here it is Monday morning and two days before Christmas. Things continue to be busy for us, so that means that I have been trying to juggle getting bits of crafting done when I can find a bit of time.

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL'19 - Dec 20
Linen and Threads Mystery SAL'19 - here is one project that I have been trying to work on but have to admit that I haven't been able to get motivated to work on it.  I am not sure why this border is being such a challenge, but hopefully, soon, I will be able to pick up this piece and get it finished.

I am looking forward to getting it done and, I would like to possibly have it done by the end of the month, but that means that I have a lot of work ahead of me.

One thing that might motivate me is knowing that the new design will be released on January 1st, so I would like to have this done before then. I have the fabric for the next design, so that means that I need to get this one completed.

Mini The Forgotten - Dec 21
Mini The Forgotten - here is a new start for me and it a Heaven and Earth Design, so it is going to be around 14 inches square by the time it is finished.  I started this as I was looking at it, and it was a piece that I had loved for a while and finally got it kitted up and started.

I would like to see how much more of it I can get, but I also want to get a few little projects completed as well.

Let It Snow
Ornament - while shopping at Michael's one day, I found some wired ribbon that I thought that I could stitch on and make some little ornaments.  The fabric is sort of linen but more of burlap, so I grabbed a couple of rolls of the ribbon when it was on sale and yesterday decided it was time to try and stitch on it.

The "Let It Snow" ornament was a very quick stitch, and it was a lot of fun to do so now to see what other designs I can find that will fit onto this ribbon.

Oh, I have found some other materials that I am going to be trying to stitch on, so there may be other ornaments and such appearing throughout the year.

Table Runner - Dec 20
English Paper Piecing - I have continued to work on getting a bunch of motifs made, so I figured it was time to start to sew them together and get the runner started that I want to make.

I have a long way to go before this runner is finished, but at least getting a few of the motifs joined together makes me feel a little better.  This runner needs around 217 motifs, so I have a long way to go, but at least it is a start and now to continue to work on making sure that I can get more of the motifs joined onto this piece.


 I hope that everyone has a great week, and if you celebrate Christmas, I wish you and your family a Very Merry Christmas.

I now have some stuff that I need to finish up so that I can have a clean desk before Christmas.  So until I post again, I hope that you continue to find the little bits of time to do the things that you enjoy doing.





No comments: