Monday, September 30, 2019

Progress on items

Roses - July 4
Here it is Monday morning, and I was able to get some crafting in last week but not very much.

Roses - now here is a project that hasn't had any attention since the beginning of July so I figured it was time to pull it back out and see if I could at least get the one rose completed.
Roses - Sept 29

 I sat and worked on this project a bit and finally can say that the main part of that rose is now complete and I have also completed the top half of the pattern.  This rose was the only section remaining to complete that top half so now I am going to be working on the lower half of the pattern and I don't think there are as many stitches in the bottom half as there were on the top half.  I hope to get back to working on this piece on a more regular basis.

One thing that helped was I found an app for my tablet that helps me mark off a pattern very easily.  The app is called Pattern Keeper, and it is for full coverage patterns.  Sure Roses isn't full coverage bu the app works wonderfully, and I am looking forward to using it when I pick up one of my full coverage pieces again which should be soon.

Everyday Shawl - Sept 22
Everyday Shawl - now this project has got the most attention of anything this past week.  I have tried to pick it up even for a few minutes every day to ensure that I can see some progress on it and I have.  The shawl measured 5.5 inches last weekend, and this weekend it is now 11 inches, so that was nice.

I am looking forward to seeing if I can get more of it knit this week as I am now on the main section of it and I don't have to look at the pattern any more until I get to the 30.5 inch mark.

I hope to be able to see some more progress on this shawl this week as I love being able to work on it around 20 minutes each day and then seeing what it looks like.  Some days I can get more knitting in, and other days I might get a row in, but at least I have been able to keep the shawl moving forward.
Everyday Shawl - Sept 29


I have been working on a couple of other projects, but I will write about them next week when I have been able to take some pictures of them.

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL section for October has been released so I hope that this week I can spend some time working on it.  I love the small projects as it does help make sure that I can see some progress on my stitching.

It is now time for me to wrap up here and get some work down as the list of things for this week is rather long.  Hope everyone has a great week and you find some time each day to do something that you love doing.


No comments: