Monday, September 16, 2019

Another finish and some progress

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL'19 - Sept 11
Here it is Monday morning, and yes I have been able to find some time in the evenings to do a few things this last week.

A long post today as a lot of projects moved forward.

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL'19 - I finally picked up this piece and worked on it as I didn't think it would take me long to get it done.  I picked it up Tuesday evening and then Wednesday evening when at a stitch night with some friends I was able to get it finished.  I love how this entire piece is turned out and am looking forward to seeing what comes next as we are only three months from finished this entire project.

I continue to use the three original colours that I picked and will see if after the final section is released if I will add any beads or glitter to this piece.
Modern Nordic - Sept 12

Modern Nordic - this week I was looking at all of my projects and realized that everything that I had on the go was big so it was time to have a small project on the go.  It is nice to have something that I should be able to finish quickly available, so that is when I decided to start this project.  Again it is a small piece so shouldn't take me too long to finish.

I worked on this piece for about an hour, and this is how far I got so I am getting close to the right-hand side of the piece and then it will be just moving down and finishing the rest of it.  I would like to have this piece finished before the end of the month, but time will tell.

 Krozwyrd - this project by Long Dog Samplers has been on my list of things that I wanted to start for a while.  I have seen several people finish this design and feel in love with it.  The original design is stitched in one colour so it shouldn't take too long to stitch.  Instead of doing it in one colour, I decided to do three colours, so will see how it goes.
Krozwyrd- Sept 14

I finally decided on the colours that I wanted to do and made a bit of a start on it this weekend, so I will see how quickly I can get it moved forward. I decided to start by outlining some of the squares, so that is as far I have got, but at least it is a start.  Now to see when I get back to this piece as there are a lot of other pieces on the go that I should be paying some attention to.

English Paper Piecing - Sept 8th
English Paper Piecing - I finally got back to adding some more of the motifs onto this piece and am happy with the progress that I have made.  I now have one more motif to add to the entire piece, and then a few of the side joins in sewing together.  It hasn't really taken me that long to sew them all together.  Once the joining is all done, it will be time to work on making this into a sewing kit.

I am looking forward to seeing the finished project.
English Paper Piecing - Sept 15

I have lots more fabric ready to make into motifs so that is something that I will be working on a bit at a time and deciding what colours will be going into the next sewing kit that I make.

 MAP - I did work on this project a little this over the past week, but it wasn't much, and as it was in the border it didn't look like I had got much done so there is no picture this week.

Everyday Shawl - Sept 15
Everyday Shawl - here is the start of a shawl that I started knitting this week.  I had seen someone else knitting this shawl and loved how it was turning out so I decided that it was something that I would like to make.  I found the pattern on Ravelry and figured out the yarn that I wanted to us and Friday evening I finally make a bit of a start of this shawl. 

The picture is just the corner of the shawl, but it is moving forward, and I look forward to seeing what it looks like when I get future along on it.


As you can see, I worked on several projects over the last week.  I enjoyed the variety as I needed a change from working on one or two projects over a week.  I will see what this week has it store for me.  I am now heading off to get some work done that I need to do and will see what I have time to work on later today. 

Hope everyone has a great week and you find time to work on something that you love each day even if it is just for a few minutes.




No comments: