Monday, July 22, 2019

A finish and progress

Mikros - July 14
Here it is another Monday morning, and I was able to get a bit of stitching done but not as much as I thought I was going to be able to do.  The heat and humidity were really bad this last week, so it resulted in a lot of evening of just sitting and relaxing and not doing anything.

Mikros -  I am very happy with the progress that I was able to make on this project this week, and it is now finished.  I know that some of the colours aren't showing up as well on the picture, so a couple of my boats look like they are missing something and one of the buildings looks a little od, but they are fine when you see the piece in person.
Mikros - July 17

MAP - July 14
MAP - July 20
This was a fun piece to work on, and it gave me some ideas for the larger piece, which is one of the reasons why I stitched this one first. The biggest help this gave me was helping in deciding on some of the colours that I wanted to s in my project.  I know that I could change the colours on the big project at any time, but this helped me see what worked on the fabric and what didn't work so well.

I now need to frame this piece, and then it will be totally complete, and I hope to be able to do that soon as I already have the frame for it.

Mysterious Adventure Project (MAP) - now this project got a bit of attention over the weekend but again not as much as I would have liked. I was able to get some more of the border finished up and even get a bit of one of the colours added.  As this project is rather large, it is going to take some time before any real progress can be seen.  The border measures 11 inches x 17 inches, so it is again another large project that I am working on.

I was trying to get all of the inner lines of the border completed before last night as the new part of this pattern was to be released this morning, but it was released last night.  The next part of the MAP is the coastline that I will be generating.  This is going to involve plotting out the coastline that will help establish the rest of the piece.  Before I stitch the coastline, I am going to be graphing it to ensure that I know how it is going to turn out before I put the stitches onto the fabric. 

I am looking forward to seeing some more progress on this piece over the next week or so.  I also hope that I can finish up the July section of the Linen and Threads Mystery SAL 2019 so that I can start up to date on that piece as well.

It is now time for me to get some work done and I hope that with the cooler weather that is in the forecast that I can enjoy some stitching in the evening this week.  I will have to wait and see what actually happens as I never know when work will need to be done in the evenings.

Hope everyone has a great week and you find some time to do the things that you enjoy even if it is only a few minutes each day. 

No comments: