Monday, April 23, 2018

Crafting challenges and completions


my yarn bowl
This week crafting was once again something that didn't get a lot of attention but at least over the weekend I was able to get some stuff done and that makes me feel very happy.

Here is a fun challenge that I encountered this week and it was a bowl that I was going to use as a yarn bowl.  As you can see the bowl wasn't big enough for my Caron Cakes - Big Cakes ball of yarn.  It was fun when I picked up the yarn and immediately realized that the yarn wasn't going to fit into what I was going to use.  Now to see if I can get it into the bowl after I spend some time working on a shawl.  Just having the yarn in the bowl will make moving it around so much easier as I don't normally sit in one spot to do all my stitching.

I think the ball of yarn will now fit into the yarn bowl because now that I have used some of it the cake is a lot smaller.

Spiral Shawl #2
Spiral Shawl #1
Some knitting - this week I decided it was time to try and get some knitting done as I haven't done any for a while.  I found a pattern that was simple and it was just garter stitch but it would turn into a spiral shawl.  I didn't think it would take me too long to get a shawl done so I started it and boy was I surprised.  What it ended up that it didn't take me long and before the end of the weekend I had two of these shawls knit.  I still have enough yarn left in the ball to maybe get a third shawl done which would be great.  I really enjoyed working on these shawls as they were quick to work up.  I used Caron Big Cakes to make these shawls and it was nice to see how they turned out and it was nice to see the colour transitions so that was nice.

I won't be working on the other shawl for a few days but I am happy with the progress that I have been able to get done.  I am thinking that I may try and get some of the next shawl done before the end of the week.

Mystery SAL - 2017 - February 21, 2018
Linen and Threads Mystery SAL 2017 - this is a project that I started last year and it didn't get a lot of attention and it is a project that I only pick up when I am waiting for this year's version of the design is released.  I know that just seeing that I have been able to get a bit of this piece done makes me feel better.  I am happy with the progress that I was able to get this week considering I didn't spend a lot of time actually working on it.
Mystery SAL - 2017 - April 18, 2018

This piece will have two colours in it and it makes me happy to see that both of the colours have been added and hopefully I can continue to get some more of this done before the end of next weekend.


This coming week I hope to be to get some crafting done as it makes me happy to see that in the evenings I can sit and spend some time doing that. I have Temperature to try and work on as it is behind once again so that needs some love and attention and I am thinking that there are other projects that I can work on this week.

I have things that I need to get completed for work so now I am off to try and get them done and will see how much time I have for crafting in the evenings this week.

No comments: