Monday, April 30, 2018

A week with some progress

Temperature - April 20
Another week is now over and another month is about to be over. For us here in Canada the end of April also means that our personal tax returns are due so another deadline is about to be passed. This last week I was able to find bits of time to work on a bunch of projects which did make me feel a lot better.

Temperature - April 27
Temperature - how this project seems to have become a challenge for me and I am not really sure why.  Maybe part of the problem is I got behind on the stitching of it in March and now I am still trying to get caught up. I hope to be able to conotinue to get it moved forward and hopefully soon I will be able to see that I have it caught up and then maybe I will try and keep it up to date after this.

Key chain
Key chain - now after all of the things that I was trying to do last week I decided it was time to pull out a smal project and see how quickly I could get it completed.  The key chain was a flower on one side and my initial on the other side so it rally didn't take me long to get this stitched.  The picture doesn't look great as this is just after finishing it and doing the rough cutting out for the key chain.  I now just need to get it finished and then I will be able to start using it on one of my craft bags.

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL - April 30
Linen and Threads Mystery SAL 2018 - Sunday morning I woke up to find out that the May section of the stitch along had been posted so that meant that I had to print off the pattern and try and get a bit of start on the piece.  I was able to get two threads done on the May section so that makes me happy and now to see how long it will take me to get this section completed.  The May section is a lot larger than the April section so that means that I won't be getting it completed in a couple of days like I did last month.

I love this project and I do look forward to seeing what each month has because then it means that I have a small finish each month once I have finished stitching the month.  I am looking forward to seeing the completed design but that is still 7 months away but that is fine with me as it means that I have 7 more months of looking forward to seeing that that monthly design will be.

DLKs Crafts - April 28
DLKs Crafts - now this is a design that I did and I will be using it with my ETSY shop for when pictures are taken of the grime guards on the q-snap frames.  We have found that the camera doesn't always want to focus on the grime guards so we figured we would give it some help by having a stitched piece on the fabric.

I am going to be stitching two of these so that both of the q-snaps will have the same design on it.  I started this one on Saturday and got a bit of it done an dnow to see how quickly I can get the two of them stitched. 

Stitch Maynia - how for a lot of stitchers the beginning of May means Stitch Maynia but it isn't something that I am going to be doing.  What Stitch Maynia involves is starting 15 projects in the first 15 days of May.  For me having another 15 projects started doesn't sound like fun so I am going to continue stitching like I have been stitching and working on the projects that I want to work on each day when I can find the time to stitch.  I may try and work on a few of the other pieces for a little bit during the month of May but I won't be starting a bunch of them.  Sure, I have more than 15 projects currently on the go so I could work on a different one each day for the first 15 days but again I don't know what my schedule is going to be and also I just want to enjoy stitching and not feel the pressure of trying to do a different project each day.


I have how taken a few minutes as a break from the work items that need my attention this Monday morning so now to get back to doing them.  Hope everyone has a wonderful week and if you are participating in Stitch Maynia I hope you enjoy it.  I will be watching from the side lines and will work on my projects when I have the time.




No comments: