Monday, March 5, 2018

Some progress

Swan - Feb 25th
This last week went by pretty quickly and maybe that is because there wasn't the Olympics to watch.  I know that I was able to get some stitching in most evenings which made me feel good and I have made some progress on things.

Swan - March 3
Swan - of course, this is the project that I am working on to get finished by the end of April and I am seeing that I should be able to get it done by then.  I am happy with the progress that I was able to make on it again this week so will see if I can continue to work on it this week and maybe I will start to see more of the neck of the front swan.

Once this swan is done, the project is finished, so yes the end is starting to be seen.  Seeing the end so close makes it that I would like to work on this more and more so will see how things go this week.


Temperature - Feb 22nd
Temperature - here is a project that has hit a bit of a road block and it isn't due to me but it is due to the source that I have been using to get the temperatures for this project.  I was going along fine until the 28th of February when no data was provided.  I have been checking each day since then and still no data has been provided so now I have 5 days of information missing and that is getting frustrating.

Temperature - March 1st
When I found that my source was missing the information I decided to check the Government of Canada site to see if the information was there but it is missing there as well so now I am sitting and trying to figure out how I am going to continue with this project. I hope that the issue is resolved soon and I will be able to get the temperatures that I need and then I will be able to get back to stitching on this.

Linen and Threads - Mystery SAL - March 4th
Linen and Threads - Mystery SAL 2018 - this piece is back to getting attention and that is because the March section of the piece has been released and I am working on it now.  I am happy that I can continue to work on this piece and will see what it looks like at the end of this week as I am looking forward to seeing the dragons that are part of this month.

I have actually seen that some people have finished the March section already but considering I have other projects to work on and I don't stitch during the day I am happy with my progress.
Linen and Threads - Squirrel - Feb 25th

Linen and Threads - Squirrels - this project got some attention this weekend when I decided that I needed something a little different to work on. The body of the squirrel really didn't take me too long to stitch once I was able to start working on it.  I feel good about how this piece is turning out because it was designed for one colour and I have selected where I would add the other colours.

Linen and Threads - Squirrel - March 4th
Now the tail for the squirrels are the one area that is a bit more work because it is using two different colour threads together.  I didn't want the tail to be the dark brown but I also didn't want the lighter colour so I am stitching with one thread of each of the browns and am liking how the tail is now turning out.


This week I hope to be able to spend some time working on Swan as I would like to see more of it completed.  Mystery SAL will also get some attention as I want to continue moving this project forward as well.  Other than those two projects I am not sure what I will work on as it will depend if I can get the temperatures that are missing and also how much time I have to actually do the stitching.

It is now time for me to get some work done and will see how much stitching I can get done this evening. Hope everyone is enjoying their stitching time and are getting their projects completed.


No comments: