Monday, March 19, 2018

Another week and moving things forward

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL - March 11th
Here it is Monday morning and I am currently looking at what stitching I was able to get done last week and part of me is happy with the progress on things and another part of me is a little disappointed in what I accomplished.  I know that finishing Swan a week ago did mean that I would have to find a new project to grab my attention and that hasn't happened yet.


Linen and Threads Mystery SAL - March 18th
Linen and Threads Mystery SAL - now this project was the project that I continued to work on two threads at a time over this week and yes I have been able to make a bit of progress on it. I now just need to do the last dragon on it and finish off the border and this section will be done.  I really do want to get it finished before the end of the month so that is something that I will continue to work on this week.

I am going to continue with the minimum two threads a day on this project as it makes me feel great to see that it moving forward even if it is slow progress sometimes. In this last section I do have a bit more of the lighter colour to stitch as well so that will add a bit of variety.  I have also been thinking of adding some more bling to the pattern but that is going to have to wait until I see more of the design.  With it being a Mystery stitch a long it means that I don't know what the finished piece is going to look like so I don't want to add some glitter or anything else until I have a better idea what the entire piece looks like. 

Tiger Lily - February 12th
Tiger Lily - now this project came up at the beginning of the week and get a bit of work done on it but most of the stitching on this piece happened over the weekend. 
Tiger Lily - March 17th

I hadn't worked on this piece for almost a month so I decided it needed to get some attention so that is what I did.  I pulled out the pattern and thread and started to work on it.  I still have lots of it to finish but at least I am slowly making progress on this piece as well.  I hope to do some more stitching on this piece this month but will see how things go.


One thing that I am thinking about it trying to figure out a cross stitch project that grabs me like Swan did. I have a lot of different projects that I have started so I think over the next couple of weeks I may be pulling some of them out to see if one of them grabs me and wants a lot of attention. Until then I know that I have things to work on and even if they don't get a lot of attention they will at least get moved forward a bit at a time.

Well before I can think about  which project I am going to work on I have some work that needs to be done so that is what I am off to do now.  Hope everyone has a great week and gets lots of stitching done.

No comments: