Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Another week and a bit of progress

Yes this post is a day late but that is because it was Family Day in Ontario so it was a holiday so I decided that my blog entry could be a day late and I might have more to show you this way.

This past week I tried to focus on only three projects as I wanted to see if I could make some progress on some of them.

Quotes to Live By - Feb 9th
Quotes to Live By:
This is a monthly stitch a long and I have been trying to make some progress on this one but I haven't been able to focus on it as much as I would have liked.  I would like to get the top part finished and the first quote but it is taking me longer to finish then I thought so now to see if I can get more of it done this week. The top section and the first quote is the January part of the design and then I still have February to stitch so I am a little behind on this project but that's ok because I will work on it at my speed. I only started this piece in February so I don't feel too bad for not having as much done as a lot of people have accomplished.  I am also working on more than one design at a time so that is another reason for not getting as much done as others.
Quotes to Live By - Feb 17th



Linen and Threads Mystery SAL:
Mystery SAL - Feb 9th
Another monthly stitch a long that I am working on is this project and once again I have been working hard to try and make a bit of progress on the  month pattern but it hasn't been going as quickly as I would have liked.  I have at least got from the middle of the design over to the left side but there is still a lot of work to do to even get the January part of the design done. February is also available for this design so yes I am behind on this design as well but I think once I can focus on the design I should be able to make some good progress on at least January.
Mystery SAL - Feb 20th

This is another piece that only got started in February so I hope that I will be able to get the January section done soon and then start seeing that I am making a bit better progress on the design.  February's design isn't as high so that is one good thing so once I have January done I hope to get better at trying to keep up with the designs or at least I hope to do that.  Now that I have completed Joyful World - April, I think I may try and focus on spending a bit of time of either Quotes to Live By or Linen and Threads Mystery Stitch a Long. I would like to see one of these projects moved a bit further forward before the end of the month.


Joyful World - April

Joyful World - April - Feb 20th - finished
Joyful World - April has been getting some work done on it and that makes me happy.  I started this piece last Monday and I have been working on it to see if I can at least get this one done.  This is also another stitch a long but these were released last year so I am actually a year behind but I am still trying to get at least one more done each calendar month and I have already finished March in February. I am now finished April as well so that means that I am now a full month ahead of the stitching as I wanted to ensure that I always have the month finished before it started on the actual calendar.


It feels so good seeing that I have been able to make the progress that I have on the projects this week.  I have been trying to at least spend an hour each evening on stitching because it does help me regain the focus after working during the day. I use my stitching also as a means of thinking through the different things that have happened during the day so that is also what I do.

This weekend I was also able to use my stitching to help me heal as I found out on Saturday that a friend of mine had passed away suddenly.  She was a cross-stitch friend and this weekend as I worked on the different projects, I thought about her and could hear her laughter.  She was always one that could make people laugh but she was also someone that was there to listen when you needed that.  I am going to miss the chat times we had together and all the laughs we shared.  There were times when we didn't have to say anything but just look at each other and we would both start to laugh.  I know she is looking down at all of her cross-stitch friends and will always be making sure that even when we make a mistake we can at least smile, take it out and try again.

No comments: