Monday, February 13, 2017

A week with some stitching


Joyful World - Feb 5th
This has been a week where I have been able to sit and get some projects moved along and even a couple of them finished.  I was determined to see if I could get some stitching done this week.

Joyful World - Feb 9th
February is always an interesting month for work because there are times that I am extremely busy and then there are other times when things are a little slower as companies figure out what they want to do this year.  This year I have been able to enjoy some time to myself and that has meant that I have had a bit more time to stitch and I have been joying that.


Let's Visit Canada - Feb 5th
The first project that I wanted to get finished was Joyful World - March as I am trying to make sure that I am keeping ahead on this project.  It is interesting to stitch on but March seemed to be one of those months that I really didn't want to work on.  I think part of it was because of the number of colour changes that were involved in some rather small areas. It also meant really sitting and thinking of what colour should be stitched in what order.  I  was able to get March finished this week so now it is time to work on the border for April and see how much of it I can get accomplished.

The next project that I really wanted to get finished was Let's Visit Canada.  I really had hoped that this project was going to be one that I enjoyed working on but after starting it, I wanted to either put it down and not work on it or just sit and work on it and get it finished.

Let's Visit Canada - Feb 10th finished
I decided that sitting and working on it and getting it finished was going to be the best thing and so that is what I did this week. The challenges that I encountered where some of the design elements were across two pages and they made the actual stitching a little more challenges but nothing that I couldn't handle.  It just meant that there were a few elements such as the hockey sticks and the trees in the middle of the pattern that were things that needed a bit more attention. Finally on Friday and Saturday I was able to sit and get the bottom of the design stitched and now it is finished.

Quotes to Live By - Feb 9th
I figured that the challenge for this week was going to be working on Let's Visit Canada but I ended up with another challenge this week and this one was due to the fabric that I had selected for a new project.  This is another stitch-a-long that I have decided to do and it is called "Quotes to Live By".  This is a nine month stitch-a-long and after seeing the start of the project I decided that I wanted to do it so it was off to select the fabric and start stitching the design.  See the project started in January so I am already a little bit behind but that doesn't bother me because I will stitch it at my speed.

The fabric I selected was labeled 28 count evenweave so that means that the stitches should be square when you do the full x's.  Well I started stitching this piece on Tuesday night and discovered that the piece of fabric that I had purchased wasn't 28 count evenweave, but something like 28 stitches per inch wide but 24 stitches per inch long.  Not something that was going to work for my project. I ended up picking up some new fabric on Wednesday evening and then started working on the design to see how it went.  I worked on it a bit and am now looking forward to working on again this week.

Linen and Threads - Mystery Stitch-a-long - Feb 12th
After finishing Let's Visit Canada I couldn't decide which pattern I wanted to start and that was between "Quotes to Live By" and Linen and Threads - Mystery Stitch-a-long.  Well it ended up that I couldn't decide so I ended up starting both of them this week and will see how they go.  The Linen and Threads Stitch a-long is a 12 month project and you get a new band each month.  I am doing this pattern in one colour and it is using 22count fabric.  I am looking forward to seeing how it comes along as it is something else that I am enjoying working on.

At the beginning of this month I decided that I was going to try and work on each of my projects that I have on my list at least once a quarter.  I figured that working on each of the projects even for one afternoon or evening would mean that they got moved along a little bit considering some of them haven't been touched for a while.

Salmon Rose - Oct 2/16
Sunday I decided it was time to pull one project out and work on it for a little while and that was Salmon Rose.  This is one of my designs and I haven't worked on it since October 2016 so it was time to put a few stitches in on it.  It didn't take me long to get some progress on this piece so now to see which projects gets the attention next.  Just seeing that I can get some stuff moved forward even a little bit makes me happy.
Salmon Rose - Feb 12/17

It is now time for me to figure out what work needs to get done this week and focus on getting it done.  I hope that I will be able to get some stitching done most evenings this week and will see which projects get moved forward.






No comments: