Monday, August 22, 2016

Progress on projects

Blackwork Dragon - August 14th
 This week I am happy to say that I was able to get some stitching done and saw some changes on three different projects.

The weather wasn't as hot this past week so it meant that I was able to spend a bit of time sitting inside and cross-stitching.

Blackwork Dragon was one project that got a bit of work early in the week and then I didn't work on it again.  It does take quite a bit of time to get the detail work done so this is a project that won't be progressing very quickly.

Blackwork Dragon - August 15th
I am going to try and work on it a bit at at time so that I can continue to see bits of progress on it.  I know that just sitting and working on this project is a little harder so at least being able to work on it on and off would be great. All of the dragon is filled in with various patterns so that is another easy it takes a bit of time.  You have to check to see which pattern you should be doing in an area and they change in different spots on the design so that is also a challenge.

Monarch Butterfly - August 9th
Another project that got a bit of work this week was Monarch Butterfly which I decided that I was going to try and work on one day and that is what I did.  Of course this project is being stitched a little different so it really doesn't look like I got a lot of stitching done on it.

Monarch Butterfly - August 16th
The Monarch Butterfly will be around 4 inches square when it's done so there isn't a lot of stitches let to get to the right hand side of the project.  I had decided that I was going to try and at least get to each side and I was able to do that on the top, bottom and left side so now to work on getting the stitching over to the right side.  I am thinking that being able to see the total size may help me get this project done quickly as it really isn't that big.

The Monarch Butterfly is again a project that I converted to cross-stitch so there isn't a completed project to compare my work with. It is fun looking at the original picture I am using and seeing how much of the design that I have been able to stitch so far.

Tiger Lily - August 14th
One more cross-stitch got the most attention this week and it was the Tiger Lily that I have been working on. This is the project that got the most attention but once again it didn't get lots of time due to the weather.

Tiger Lily - August 21st
The Tiger Lily is a bigger picture so I have just reached the half way mark in the bottom of the design but that doesn't bother me as I am slowly starting to see this design appear.

Cake Cakes yarn - Pop
Hopefully the weather will cooperate now and I will be able to spend some evenings working on these cross-stitch designs. I am happy with the progress that I have been making on all three of these designs and am thinking that instead of all of them getting attention each week I am going to either just work on one of them or two of them.  I think of lot of what stitching I do really depends on how I am feeling each day because sometimes working on the Dragon just feels like too much of a challenge so the actual x's on the other designs are a bit easier to do.

Pineapple Shawl
There is now some work that need my attention so will try and get that done so that this evening I can curl up and work on a project.  The baby hats are still being worked on and yesterday I started a shawl using some new yarn so am trying to see what it looks like.

The new yarn that I am trying to Caron Cakes and the colour I am using is Pop so it is interesting to see how it is going to work up.  I didn't get a lot of the shawl worked on yesterday but so far I am enjoying how soft the yarn is to handle and how quickly this shawl is working up.  I am not sure  how long it will take to get this project finished but at least I was able to make some progress on it quickly yesterday after getting home with it. The shawl pattern is called Pineapple Peacock Shawl and it uses worsted weight so it is something that is quick to make.

It is now time to get to work so that maybe tonight I can work on t least one of these projects that I have on the go.  I look forward to seeing how each of these projects progress this week.




No comments: