Monday, August 15, 2016

Cross-stitch progress

Blackwork Dragon - Aug 8th
The heat has finally broken so I think I am going to be able to get back to doing some crafting in the evenings now.

This last week I didn't get a lot of anything done as the heat was just too much and I just couldn't get motivated to pick up a crochet hook for most of the week.  I think yesterday was the first day that I crocheted and of course I ended up working on a couple more baby hats which is great.  I continue to get them done but this month the progress as been very slow on them.

The projects that did get a little bit of attention this week were two different cross-stitch projects that I am working on.  The one that I could work on outside was the Blackwork Dragon by Jennifer Aiken-Smith.  This is one that I started in April and it was put down until this weekend when I was able to get some stitching done on it.  Having a project with just one colour was great while sitting on the balcony.

Blackwork Dragon - Aug 14th
This project was working up quickly as I did the outline but now that I have all the detail to complete it is going to take a bit more time.  I am hoping that this week I will be able to get a bit more of this done. 

The detail is going to take me some time but even getting a little bit done will make me very happy.  I am thinking that if I can get into the routine of working on this project for a while I should be able to make some progress on it.

The second project that I worked on was a Tiger Lilly design that I have.  This project was started in July but didn't see much attention until this week.  It was stitch night on Wednesday so I took this piece with me and that was the focus while sitting in a nice air conditioned area for a while.
Tiger Lilly - July 27th

Tiger Lilly - Aug 14th
During stitch night there are times when I don't seem to get much done and then there are the times that I can get quite a bit done.  Of course it looks like a large area was worked on but this is a small area but at least I am seeing some colour and that is nice.  This is another project that I hope to be able to work on this week.  I am thinking that just being able to work on it for a while would help me start to see more of the flower appear.

This week I am hoping to be able to get some more crocheting done as well as some cross-stitching.  I am not sure which project will get the most attention but will see how things go. I also have a Monarch Butterfly cross-stitch on the go so will see which projects get the attention this week. 

There are a few things that I need to get done for work this morning and then I will see what I can get done on my various projects. 



No comments: