Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Crafting

I was recently told that all I do is Craft and blog about it. Boy, do I wish that I had the time to just craft and blog. My blog and crafting are an escape from my work which is what I do during the day. My crafting is something that I do in the evenings when I have time and sometimes on the weekend. If I could craft more I would have a lot more accomplished.

What I did was a bit of an analysis to see what I could accomplish if I was able to craft a minimum of 35 hours a week.

Baby hats:


Preemie hats Newborn Large baby hats
Per week 93 54 36
Per day 18.6 10.8 7.2
Per hour 2.66 1.5 1
If I was able to crochet 35 hours a week I would be able to keep quite a few hospitals supplied with baby hats but I don't have that much time to crochet.

Reality: in 36 days I was able to finish 47 newborn and 15 preemie hats so I crocheted around 36 hours on hats or roughly an hour a day.

Baby afghans
To complete one afghan 26 hours
This is making an afghan approximately 32” x 42” in size and doing the v-stitch pattern that I don't need a pattern for.

Reality: in 36 days I was able to finish 68 rows on an afghan so around 13 hours of crocheting on the afghan.

Cross-stitch patterns
If I was able to cross-stitch more than I currently do I would have had a minimum of 12 patterns designed, stitched and released this year instead of the 1 that I was able to release.

Reality: This one is very easy in the month of November I stitched 5 hours on a pattern so not a lot accomplished.


Now what you can see is if I was able to spend more time crafting I would be getting lots and lots of craft items finished on a weekly and monthly basis. Of course, people see me crafting on a weekend and think that is all that I do but in reality the weekend is the only time where I can find time to escape from work.

No, I do not talk about what I am doing for work here on this blog because this is a crafting blog. I also don't write about my work as I do that enough during the day and don't want to deal with it here on my blog. Now, the final reason there isn't any discussion about what I do for work is due to NDA's (non-disclosure agreements) which means I am not able to talk about what I am doing and non do I want to discuss it.

Now that I have explained that I don't craft all the time and I do have a job that requires my time maybe people will understand that my crafting is my hobby.

No comments: