Monday, December 7, 2015

Finally making progress

Schlock with Gun - Nov 11th
This week I finally was able to make a little bit of progress on my cross-stitch.

Yesterday I decided that considering I hadn't picked up any of my cross-stitch since early in November that it was time to try and put a bit of effort into at least one of them.

Schlock with Gun - Dec 6th - finished
Schlock with Gun was the closest to being finished so I decided that it would be the first one that got my attention.  I pulled it out finally got it finished which made me very happy.  It does feel good being able to see another project finally finished.  I have been working on Schlock since August 1st but it wasn't the only project that I was working on so at least now it is finished and I am happy with how it looks.

Butterfly - Oct 31st
Of course, one day and still lots of projects on the go but at least a little bit of progress was made.


After finishing Schlock I pulled up the black butterfly that I started on October 4th. Again, this is a project that has been put aside and not looked at since the end of October.  I didn't make as much progress as I would have liked on it but at least I was able to get some done so that did make me a bit happier.

Butterfly - Dec 6th
Both Schlock and the Butterfly were worked on during the afternoon yesterday while I sat and watched the Canada Cup Women's final for curling.  It meant that I was able to get something done and that was good considering how little crafting I have been doing over the last couple of months.

Lady - Sept 20th
After dinner while I watched about an hour of the hockey game I pulled out Lady and she got a little bit of attention as well.  The part of Lady that I am working on is just simple fill in so that meant that I really didn't have to focus on it.

Now that I have been able to get a bit of cross-stitch done I am going to try and work on at least one of these projects for a while and see how much of it I can get completed.  It was nice having a bit of time yesterday to craft and not think about work.

Lady - Dec 6th
I did finish a few more baby  hats but those are normally done while sitting after dinner chatting with DH or while a passenger in a car. The baby hats are something that are great when I only have a little bit of time to craft in the evenings.

This week I am hoping to be able to find some more time to craft because I have missed doing it.  Of course, I have a lot of things on my plate so I am not sure how much time I will be able to spend on crafting but I am at least going to try on Wednesday evening to work on a project for a while.

So now it is time for me to get some work done as I have lots to do.  Being able to do a bit of cross-stitch felt very good yesterday because I haven't done any since the 11th of November.  Maybe now, I will be able to find little bits of time in the evenings to craft again.







No comments: