Sunday, December 15, 2013

Jewellery making continues

new bracelets completed
 This past little while I haven't had a lot of time to work on crafts but this weekend I decided that it was time for me.  Time for me resulted in one bracelet getting completed and another bracelet (one with the D charm) was started and completed on Saturday.

Through the making of these two bracelets I was running into a few issues because I couldn't find something that I was looking for in my case that I was using for all of my jump rings, lobster claws, earrings and tools.

time to organize stash
After a discussion with my DH we decided that I had enough jewellery supplies that it was time to figure out how to organize them a lot better than I originally had.  See when I was buying all the different rings I was putting each size in it's own ziplock bag.  The bags worked to a point until you have too many bags and can't find what you are looking for.

Today we went out for a little bit and picked up some containers that I could use to organize all the bits that I have collected in just over a month.  On the trip out I was trying to figure out how much stuff I actually had collected.

Yes, I have been having lots of fun with all the different bracelets and earrings that i have been making. I have made 13 bracelets and 9 pairs of earrings and 18 stitch holders since starting this venture on November 9th.

Tight fix, think I need a bigger case
So part of today was set aside to organize all of the stash that I had and put it into the different containers that we picked up.  The good news is I got my stash organized with two containers empty but the bad news is I think I have more stash somewhere.  Also the other bit of bad news is the case I have been using for all my jewellery supplies is rather full now.

The tools that are in this case are the ones that I use all the time but I know that there are quite a few more around so need to figure out how to store all of them as well as all the other things that are around.

The one good thing about doing this is I now know what size jump rings I have as well as what colour.  I can now locate all the jump rings quickly so it isn't going to take me long to start another project.  Gee, maybe it's time to turn off the computer and start one.


No comments: