Monday, November 18, 2013

Weekend progress

Blackwork Knight as of Wednesday at noon
This weekend I decided that I needed to take at least part of a day to work on crafts instead of working on all the work items that I need to do.

I wanted to try and make a bit of progress on my Blackwork Night.  The Blackwork is enjoyable to do and on days when you don't feel like changing colours this works extremely well.  Wednesday night I was able to get the face of the knight done so wanted to see more of it completed by the end of the weekend. 

Blackwork Knight as of last night
The first picture of the knight is as of Wednesday before I did any work on it because I wanted a record of where it was before Stitch Night.  Of course I worked on it a little bit during the rest of the week but yesterday I sat down and make some really good progress on it.  I now just need to finish filling in the area behind the knight's head and it is done.  The second picture of the knight is where it ended last night.  Hopefully this week I will be able to work a bit more on this knight and then see it finished before the end of November.

Bracelet with matching earrings
Besides working on my knight I also decided that I wanted to work on a bit of jewellery to see if I could finish a project that I just started on Wednesday afternoon.   I had just got about three rings joined on the bracelet so yesterday sat down and finished the bracelet and made a pair of earrings to match.  This project was a nice quick project so that also made me happy.

New bracelet
Once I finished the earrings I decided that I was going to start working on a new bracelet like my first bracelet that I made.  This version is gold coloured and the rings are a little stronger so it took me a bit longer to make progress on it.  I also got a new pair of pliers this week so it made working with the jump rings a bit easier. Will see when I get to sit down and finish this bracelet as I have quite a few things that need my attention this week.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Great work! The knight is looking really good.