Monday, November 25, 2013

Jewellery progress

Earrings
 Instead of making bracelets this weekend I decided that I was going to try and make a couple of pairs of earrings.  Of course it didn't take me long to realize that they were a lot of fun to make.  The top pair goes with the twisted ring bracelet that I made on Friday and the bottom pair are Japanese weave and I had to try making them on Sunday.

This weekend after talking nicely to the DH I went and picked up a few more supplies that I wanted to get to try and make a few new things.  The Japanese Weave earrings was one of the things I wanted to try.  So I picked up my supplies along with a couple of books and headed home yesterday to try and see what I could finish.

Stitch Markers for the Knitters
What I didn't notice during my shopping trip was that I picked up some rings that were soldered so they wouldn't work for jewellery too easily so I figured out a difference project for them.  I turned an idea of an earring into some stitch markers which were a lot of fun to make.  I also decided that I had to make the earrings to go with the stitch markers so they are now ready as part of a Christmas gift.  The stitch markers are also Christmas gifts for my mom and sister as I had to make 18 of them.
Two new bracelets found new owner

Now the two bracelets in this last picture were bracelets that I made on Friday.  I decided to wear the bracelet on the left when we went for dinner today.  I was wearing it to show the friend that had ordered the other bracelet from me.  Well, the outcome of the visit was both of these bracelets have now found a new owner and the bracelet that I made for the friend is still with me.  She loved these two bracelets a lot more so figured to make her happy it was worth it.  Now to see how many of these different bracelets I can make.

Tonight, I don't think I am going to work on any jewellery but it does feel good knowing that I have only been making jewellery for two weeks and already two of my bracelets have found new homes.


No comments: