Monday, January 8, 2024

New year, new starts, finishes and progress

Here it is the start of a new year and yes, I can say that I have made a good start in the last week of getting things done. This week will be more of a work week for me, but I hope that I can continue to move a couple of projects forward this week.

Pandemic - here is a project that got some attention last week as I am going to be trying to move this project forward through this year. Given I started this in 2020 I think it's time it got some good progress so will see what happens this year.

I hope to work on Pandemic a bit each month just so that I can start to see areas of the pattern finished and then maybe I can start moving up on the design instead of still being at the bottom of a rather large piece.

Edna Verenia Nichol - 1844 - here it my New Year New Start that I did this month. I am loving this piece and have been able to spend some time working on it over the last week. Of course, it is another red sampler, and I am looking forward to getting all of my red samplers framed so that I can enjoy them all together. This is a nice size piece as it is around 8 x 5 inches so something that goes work up relatively quickly.

My goal for this piece is to have it finished by the end of January so that I can get back to the stitch along as I am behind on it.

Knitting projects - this last week I decided to try and get a few things completed so that I could start the year feeling good about my knitting. I had two projects that were close to getting finished so that was my focus.

The toque that I have been working on was very close to a finish, so I decided to focus on it and the good new is here for one of the first finishes for this year. I am happy that I was able to focus on getting this done so that I can add this to a pile of hats and scarves that I will be donating to a local group at the end of 2024.

After getting the hat finished, I decided to work on the Dudester scarf as that was something else that was very close to a finish. It didn't take me long to have that finished either so now I have two knitting projects finished and that makes me feel very good. I hope that I can continue to get more knitting projects finished soon.

After finishing those two knitting projects it was time to start another toque but this one is going to be using a different pattern. It does feel good seeing that I have been able to get some knitting done.

Other projects - I haven't worked on any other project other than the ones that I have written about. It was nice to have some time where I could work on the different projects and see progress on all of them.

I hope everyone is finding that bit of time to work on something that makes you happy. It doesn't matter if it is reading, relaxing, or crafting. Just doing something that makes you happy a bit each day helps a lot.

I am not certain what I will be able to get done this week, but I do know that I will try and spend those few minutes each day doing something that I enjoy. Hopefully next week I will have a bit of progress to show you on at least a couple of projects. Until then, have a good week and remember to take that bit of time to yourself.

No comments: