Monday, October 23, 2023

Another finish and more progress

Here it is the start of another week and a week that is going to be very busy for me. I am looking forward to this week as I know it will be a lot different than most of my weeks so I will just have to see what crafting I can get done. 

The weather is currently crazy here as we had a frost warning last night and tomorrow the temperature is going to be back around 20C. No wonder people don't know how to dress at this time of the year.

Jolly Squirrel - here is a project that did come out this past week and I am very happy with what I was able to get done on it. I made a couple of little changes to the piece because I didn't want it to look Christmassy, so I didn't do all the snowflakes that were around the squirrel.

What does make me happy is I have been able to finish this piece and it is now ready to be fully finished. I haven't decided how I am going to finish it yet, but I am looking forward to seeing it done.

This piece was a lot of fun to work on and something a little different for me. The finished piece measures 3.5 inches square so it isn't very big at all which is nice.

Now that this piece is done, I have some small Christmas ornaments that I would like to work on but I am going to leave them for a couple weeks before I pick them up and start working on them.

Pandemic - here is a piece that I haven't worked on since June and I figured it needed a bit of attention.  What I decided to do was to work on one small section and see how it went. 

What is nice about this piece is there are a lot of little areas that you can work on and get them completed and then move onto another section. This time I worked on a small section and then started working on one of the larger sections.

It didn't take me too long to see some good progress on this piece given I only worked on it over the weekend. I hope to be able to continue to move this project forward a little bit more before I decide to work on something else.

Curling Mist Shawl - here is the knitting project that I have been working on and love how it is turning out. I still have a long way to go before it's finished but I do enjoy picking it up and working on it.

The pattern section is a cable pattern, but it isn't too difficult to do and it is something that now that I have completed it a couple of times has become a section that I enjoy working on. I am still trying to pick this project up some days, so it gets attention as I am looking forward to seeing what this shawl looks like once it is completed. I think I am about a third of the way through the actual knitting so will see what it looks like when it is finished and off the needles.

Other projects - I was able to work on my English Paper piecing for a little while this week so when I write that blog at the end of the month, I will have stuff to show.

I hope everyone is finding that bit of time each day to do things that you enjoy doing. This week is going to be busy for us, but I will still try and find those little bits of time to at least sit and relax and do nothing. I hope everyone has a good week and if things go well, I should have a bit of progress on something to show you next week.

No comments: