Monday, September 25, 2023

Some slow progress

Here it is the start of another week and it's hard to believe that this last week went by as fast as it did. I hope to be able to figure out where the week went but at least I know that I was able to move a couple of things forward.

Summer is Coming - this piece got some attention this past week as I was able to finish off another colour and move the project forward some.  It is nice when I can sit and work on a motif and get it finished and that is what I was doing this past week.

I currently have two colours of floss left to use in this project and hopefully they will go fast. The motif that I am working on is the biggest one in the design and there are lots of stitches in it. Hopefully, I will be able to get this motif finished off quickly and then get to working on the last two motifs that I still have to add to the piece. We will see what progress I can make on this project before next week.

Preemie blanket - this is the project that got the most attention this week as I continue to try and pick it up most days and get the 30 minutes of knitting done on it. I am getting closer to where I can start the decreasing on this project so that feels good. It has been nice to have a project that is simple to work on and I can see progress on it quickly. 

I would like to see if I can figure out how to make this blanket just a bit bigger as I do have quite a few balls of sports weight yarn and would like to see if I can use some of it up. Maybe what I am going to try and do is once again make a blanket that is the two balls of yarn, but they will be smaller balls.

This coming week I would like to start the decreasing on this blanket and will see how quickly I can get it completed.

Other projects - this past week I wasn't able to work on any of the other projects which is different for me. I know that I would like to make a bit more progress on my English Paper piecing before the end of the month so that means I need to work on it some this week.

I hope everyone had a good week and you were able to find some time to do something that you enjoy. It feels good when you can lose yourself in a project for hours, but I know for me that hasn't happened very often lately. 

If things go well, I will have some progress to show you next week on my projects. Have a good week and I will see what I can get accomplished during this coming week, so that I have something to show you next week. 
 

No comments: