Monday, September 18, 2023

Making progress, a finish, and a start

Here it is the start of another week, and hopefully a week where I find a little more time to work on things that I would like to work on. There is lots of things on my list that need to get done this week.

Summer is Coming - here is a project that I started in July and then put it done while I worked on Jane Parson. I finally picked it up this week and started to work on moving it forward.

The pattern isn't very large, so I have now reached all the sides of it.  I am working this project so different then I did the other season one I did. This time I am just working on what I want to work on so that is why a lot of the motifs are only partly done. I will see how it goes this week when I work on it because it has been fun not working on one motif at a time.

Curling Mist Shawl - here is a project that got a little bit of attention this week. It has been a lot of fun working on this project as I have been able to try working on a stitch that I haven't done for a long time. 

The stitch that I am working with is a cable stitch without using a cable needle. I learned how to do this stitch years ago, but of course haven't used it in my knitting for a long time. It took a bit of time to get comfortable with it again but finally it is working out and I am not having any issues with it.

This pattern does work on relatively quickly especially when you are in the garter section of the design. I have just started the next garter section so hopefully I will be able to move this shawl forward again this week. This shawl is a light grey, and it is interesting to see the difference in colour depending on where I take the photo.

The Curling Mist Shawl is something that I am enjoying working on and given that there is a pattern in different sections of the shawl it makes it fun to work on as well.
 

Preemie blanket - here it the project that got attention at the very beginning of the week as I was very close to a finish. The good news is I was able to finish this project very quickly when I picked it up on Monday. Just seeing this blanket finished makes me happy.

After casting it off, I quickly sewed in the ends that needed to be done and then I took the finished picture of it. The final blanket measures 39"x39" so it is a nice size. It was a lot of fun to work on and it was something easy to work on while watching the various videos that I watch.

The Preemie blanket was my 30 minutes of knitting a day project and that helped me move it forward at a good speed.  Once I finished this blanket, I looked at the amount of yarn that I still had left and decided what I was going to do with it.

The original pattern makes a preemie blanket that is around 24" square and I thought that would be something that I could work on for a while and it would use up some more of this yarn that I have. I waited until Wednesday and then I picked up my needles and the yarn and yes, I have now started another preemie blanket. This one is going to be the actual size that the pattern makes. 

This blanket is once again in the 30 minutes of knitting a day category and so far, I have been able to make some good progress on it. Of course, the rows right now aren't very long so I can get through them pretty quickly. We will see how quickly this blanket can get done because it will end up with only 170 stitches on the needle instead of the 250 stitches which I did for the other version.

Other projects - I was able to pick up my English Paper piecing for a while this weekend and made a bit of progress on it. We will see by the end of the month how much attention these projects got.

I hope everyone is finding that bit of time each day to do something for yourself. It may be a bit of a challenge each day but even taking 10 minutes to sit and relax and do nothing feels good. Next week I hope to have some progress on a couple of items, but we will see which projects get the attention. Have a good week and hopefully I will be back again next Monday with some progress.

No comments: