Monday, September 11, 2023

Some knitting progress

Here it is the start of another week and now to see what this week has in store. I know that there are things that I would like to achieve so it is going to be a busy week. I also know that I would like to find a bit more time to do some crafting this week so that I can see some more progress on things.

There is no cross stitch progress this week as I didn't pick up any of those projects for the last week. I did however put in some work on my knitting and have results to show for that.

Preemie blanket - here is the project that got most of my attention in the last week. I started the week with 190 stitches on the needle and I ended the week with 55 stitches on the needle. This has been my focus and I am very happy with the progress that I made on this blanket. It has been a bit of a challenge because of the size but at least I am now very close to the end of it.

The picture of me holding it up was taken last night as I wanted to see how large this really was. I will measure it once it is done. It has been fun working on this project, but I am going to be happy to see it completed. My goal is to try and spend some time on it today to see if I can get it done. I started this project on July 15th and would like to have it completed in less than two months. 

I still have quite a bit of this yarn left so I am going to see what I use it for as I have been enjoying working with this yarn for the most part. This current ball of yarn that I have been using wasn't as nice as the first one as this one was very tangled and there were knots in this ball.

Hopefully by next week I will have a finished blanket to show you with all the ends also sewn in. This is the first goal for this week as I would like to see this finished as it is getting rather large to work on.

Curling Mist Shawl - this past week I also started another shawl which has a bit of a pattern in it. You can't see much of the pattern yet but hopefully as I move up on it you will see the small cable sections that are part of the pattern.

This pattern was something that I wanted to try and do so we went, and I got some yarn for it and then quickly started it. It didn't get a lot of attention as I was working on the Preemie blanket but at least it got a start and now to see if I can give this project some more attention once the Preemie blanket is complete.

Other projects - this past week I didn't work on any other projects even though my EPP was calling me. Hopefully this week I will be able to get back to doing some cross stitch as well as some EPP.

I didn't craft every day last week, but I was able to spend some time most days working on my knitting. It also was a means of helping me recharge my person battery which I know I needed to do.

Now, I hope to have some progress to show you next week as it would be nice to get back to working on some of the other projects that I want to do. Have a great week and remember to make sure you take time for yourself each day no matter what you do.

No comments: