Monday, February 14, 2022

Some progress and a frustration

Here it is the start of another week, and I am going to be trying to get a few more things off my desk before the end of this week. I know that work is going to be a little busier this week as I also have a course that I need to start taking.

We are hearing that things are going to start opening up soon, which will be nice, but of course there will still be concerns about the number of covid patients in the hospitals. I guess we just have to wait and see what will happen in the next little while.

Red February - here is the project that got most of my attention this past week. I am so happy to see how much of it I have been able to get done, and now I am getting to the point where I hope to have it finished before the end of the month.

Yesterday was a little upsetting/frustrating with this piece as I have been working on it and discovered that I wouldn't have enough fabric to do the entire design. The discovering came just as I finished the capital letters and I scrolled the fabric up to start the next set of letters. I am very happy that I decided to scroll up the fabric, otherwise I might not have figured out the problem until after I had done a lot of the next set of letters. I decided to count the number of rows that I would need to complete the entire piece and that is what I discovered that if I completed the entire piece I would have less than an inch of fabric at the top for finishing this piece into something.

It was time to make a decision as to what was going to have to go on the piece, was it another set of letters or was it going to be the squirrel. As you can see, I decided that another set of letters could be removed, and I would just stitch the squirrel which is the top of the pattern. Now I just need to finish stitching the squirrel, and then I will scroll it back down and stitch the month and the piece will be done. Until I take the fabric off the scroll frame, I am not sure if the piece of fabric was the wrong size or what happened. At least I discovered the problem when I could fix it and this piece will still make me happy when I look at it as I do know that I am loving stitching it.

Asymmetrical Lace Knit Shawl - this shawl continues to get little bits of attention, but it isn't going as fast as I would have liked. I do know that while I have been working on Red February, I haven't done a lot of knitting at all.

I hope to get back to working on this piece, as I would like to have this shawl completed before too long. I do know that once I get all the increases done, I think the pattern will go a little quicker because it won't be just plain garter stitch with an increase every second row. We will see how much of this I can get done this week, as it would be nice to see that I have got most of the increases done.

Other projects - of course I have been doing bits of other projects, but nothing that is enough to show. I have been trying to focus on just a couple of projects each week so that I can at least see some progress.

Not sure what this week has in store, as I have quite a few things that I need to do for work, and then I will see what I can get done. I will try and find a bit of time each day to take time for myself and get a bit of crafting in.

I hope everyone continues to find those bits of time for yourself, as it is important to recharge your own personal batteries. Have a good week and hopefully next week I will have a bit of progress to show on a couple of projects.
 

No comments: