Monday, December 20, 2021

Where did the week go

It is hard to believe that another week has come and gone. I don't know where it went, but it sure went quickly. I know that with the holiday season upon us, the days and weeks do seem to go a lot quicker than other times of the year.
Turquoise - here is a piece that hasn't had much attention since early November, so I figured it was time to pull it out and get a few more stitches in on it. Of course, there is still along way to go when you consider this is going to be a square piece when it is finished. I am currently working from the middle out, and I am loving the colours so far. It is nice when I can pick up this piece because most of what I have been doing in just filling in one colour, so it made it a very easy stitch when I had those few minutes where I could just sit and work on it. I hope to get more of this piece done but will have to see what this week is like.
Pashmina shawl - here is the project that got picked up the most this week, and part of that is because it was a simple project to work on late in the evening. I am loving how this piece is turning out and don't think I have much more to go on it. I am now on the 10th stripe and haven't decided how many more I will add to this piece. I know that I will have at least 11 stripes, but after that I am not sure if I will add more or not. I am going to have to measure it soon to see how long it is. I know that I still have yarn to make it longer, so that is one option, but I also need it to be comfortable to wear.
Other projects - as the year is coming to  an end, I have been trying to figure out which projects I can get finished up quickly and then what projects will take longer. I am finding that a lot of the projects that I have on the go are going to take a while to finish, so there isn't going to be many more finishes before the end of this year. I don't mind having projects go into the new year, so that is what I will be doing again this year. This week I am going to try and see what I can at least get moved forward or organized for progress next year, but I think that is going to be it.
I hope everyone that celebrates Christmas is almost ready for the big day, as it is coming up very quickly. I know that we still have a couple of things to finish up, and then we should be ready. I also know that with Covid-19 still an issue, it means that this year is going to be very similar to last year and extremely quiet.  If you are like us and the number of cases are continuing to go up, please stay safe and take care of yourself and your loved ones. Please remember that even in this busy time to take that bit of time for yourself each day and do something that you enjoy.  

I want to wish everyone "Merry Christmas" and please stay safe and take care of yourself.





 

No comments: