Monday, November 4, 2019

Slow Progress this week

Unleash the Butterflies - Oct 27
Here it is Monday morning, and I have at least been able to make a bit of progress on a couple of projects this week.

Unleash the Butterflies - this is one of the projects that I wanted to try and make some progress this week.  I would like to see this project moved forward, so that means trying to spend some time working on getting little areas of the piece stitched.

Unleash the Butterflies - Nov 3
This week I decided to focus on working on smaller areas of the design to see if I could get some of it filled in.  I started with one of the colours closest to the side that was filled in and then continued to pick other colours that would help me fill in the various areas.  I still have a long way to go before I see the next section of her arm completed, but at least I was able to make a bit of progress this week.

Mouse Pincushion - Nov 3
English Paper Piecing - here is a project that I can work on a little bit at a time and see some progress on it.  I have started to make a mouse pincushion and, that has meant picking the colours for the body of the mouse and then laying them out so that I can get the two sections completed.  I have almost finished attaching all of the motifs for half of the body.

I am not sure how quickly I will get the mouse finished, but again I am enjoying working on the motifs and attaching them to make the designs that I want to do.  There are quite a few more projects waiting to be worked on, so make sure that one of them can get finished up quickly would be nice and then I can see which project I work on next.

Roses - Sept 28
Roses - I have continued to work on Roses as I would like to see this project finished up in the next 5 months.  I know that I can do it if I can focus on this project even for a little bit, so that is something that I am going to be trying to do.

Roses - Oct 29
I didn't get a lot of stitching done on this piece this week, but at least I moved it forward even if it was just a little bit.  I know that seeing that I can get some more of this project worked on would make me happy, so that is something that I am going to be trying to do over the next couple of weeks.  I hope that this week, I can continue to see little bits of progress on this design as it would be nice to see that I have a chance of getting it done by the end of March, which is my goal.


I continue to work on a bunch of other things, but I haven't focused on any of them long enough to see some good progress, so there are no pictures.  I like to have a couple of projects that are the main focus and then the other projects that I can pick up and work on when I feel like it.

So it is now time for me to get some work done as it is the beginning of the month, so there are tasks that I need to get done.  I hope everyone has a good week, and you find time to do things that are you enjoy doing even if it is only for a few minutes a day.


No comments: