Monday, November 25, 2019

A few projects worked on

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL19 - Nov 13
Linen and Threads Mystery SAL19 - Nov 24
Here it is another Monday morning and, I have a few things to show that I was able to work on last week.  Life has been busy, so I haven't been able to get a lot done, but at least I can see a few projects moving forward a little bit at a time.

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL'19 - here is the November border for this piece.  I am now trying to get the border done before November 30th when the final section will be released.  The final section will be the design that will fill in between the original part of the piece and the border that I am currently working on. 

This piece is coming together, and I am looking forward to seeing what the border is going to be like. I have loved completing all of this design so far.  It is hard to believe that the Peacock was the January design, and all the other sections came out one piece a month.

We have heard there is a new design for 2020, and that will be released on January 1st, 2020. I am looking forward to seeing that that design will be based on.
English Paper Piecing

Everyday Shawl - Teal - Nov 22

English Paper Piecing - it was time to start working on another project with the English Paper Piecing.  I have an idea that I would like to do with these motifs, but it also means that I have a lot more motifs to get done. 

English Paper Piecing for me seems very relaxing to be it making the individual motifs or sewing them all together.  The process for me is something that I enjoy. If I can get some more of the different colour motifs completed this week I, might even start to work out the overall design, but that will depend on how much time I have to work on this project.

Everyday Shawl - here is a project that I finally pieced up again and got a few more rows done on the grey version of it.  I still have a long way to go on this piece as it is just over 20 inches, and it needs to be around 30.5 inches before I am at the halfway mark.  I hope to find time each day to get a few rows done on this piece to continue to move it forward.

Everyday Shawl - Grey - Nov 22
I worked on the grey version of the shawl for a while, and then I decided it was time to start working on a teal version of the shawl as well.  I have now got around 12 rows on the next version of the shawl completed, so I will see how I can make progress on both of them over the next little while.  The teal version is the edge pattern, so that takes longer to knit than the body so that I will be using each of these projects for different times. 


Other projects didn't get any attention this last week, but at least I was able to see some progress on a few things.  Now it is time for me to get the word done that is sitting here on my desk. 

I hope everyone has a great week, and you find a bit of time to do something that you love, even if it is for only a few minutes a day.

No comments: