Monday, October 22, 2018

Another week and some progress

Temperature October 14th
Here it is the start of another week and I actually have a bit of progress on a couple of projects which makes me feel good.

Temperature October 20th
Temperature - now here is a project that I have been working on quite a bit because I wanted to get it all caught up.  I can finally say after a couple of months of hard work I have now got all of the piece caught up so that means that I just have a couple of days of temperatures to add to this piece and it will be current.

It feels great seeing that this piece is now up to the 18th of October and now I just need to add the rows from the weekend, which I will do today, and it will be up to date.  The colours are now changing again into the cooler colours so will see what it looks like after this week.

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL - October 6th
Linen and Threads Mystery SAL 2018 - this piece finally got a little bit of love on Saturday when I had finished working on Temperature.  I am now going to try and focus some of my stitching time on getting this section finished so that when the November section is posted I am current on the entire design.

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL - October 20th
This week I hope that I can find some time to work on this piece as I would really like to see it finished up quickly and then maybe I can see what other project will get some love and attention before the end of the month.  I know that making sure this is done is the first cross stitch priority and then I will see what else I can work on.

Some knitting - I decided in this last week to pick up some knitting as I wanted to see if I could get a couple of shawls knit up quickly.

Asymmetrical knit shawl - October 21st
The first shawl that I started was the Asymmetrical knit shawl by Yarnspiriations.  It uses some new yarn called Caron x Pantone which is a 100g braid of yarn.  I call it a braid because there are five separate small hanks of yarn in this braid. The yarn is a chunky weight yarn and is does feel very nice but having to deal with these little balls of yarn isn't something that I think I will be doing again.  My DH did help wind all the little balls which was great but there were joins in the middle of some of the 20 gram hanks so that meant even more little balls to deal with.  This shawl takes 4 braids of the yarn so instead of having 20 little balls of yarn I think we ended up with 25 or 26 balls which was frustrating. The shawl is working up very quickly which is nice and now to see what it looks like when it is finished. I have completed 3 of the 9 colour sections that I need to complete.  I will continue to work on this shawl a bit more evenings as I would like to get it done quickly.

Easy Goes It - October 21st
The other shawl that I started this week is called Easy Goes It and I found it on Ravelry.  It is once again an easy pattern but this one uses fingering weight yarn so even after some knitting it doesn't look like much. For this shawl I am using Woolike by Loops and Threads and am enjoying how it is working up so far.  I am still on the first section of the pattern but so far it is an easy pattern to work on and I hope to work on this a bit at a time.

The Easy Goes It project is currently sitting in my office area and it gets a bit of attention when I am waiting for an answer to a question or a need a 5 minute break from what I am working on.  As the rows are currently short even working on the shawl for 5 minutes means that I can get a couple of rows done.


I have quite a bit of work that now needs my attention so I am going to go and do that and then I will see what I work on this evening.  I hope to find some time to sit and relax and work on at least one project this evening.  I will see what I feel like and what gets the attention and hopefully next week I will have some progress on a couple of projects to show you.

It is now time to get back to work and see what this week is like.  Hope everyone has a great week and I will post an update again next week.




No comments: