Monday, August 20, 2018

Moving things forward and a new start

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL - August 10
Another week has come and gone and at least this week I was able to find some time to stitch some evenings.

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL - August 19
Linen and Threads Mystery SAL ' 18 - I continue to work on this piece and yes I am starting to see that I am getting closer to the other side of the design.  I am happy to see that I am finally making some good progress on it and if things go well I might even have a chance to finish the August section before the end of the month.  The Phoenix does have a lot of detail so they do take quite a bit of time to stitch but as I only have one left to stitch I should be able to get it done.

I am thinking that if I can focus on stitching this piece I might even be able to get the rest of it done before the end of this coming weekend if work and everything else allows for it.

Temperature - August 12
Temperature - now again I am trying to get the June section of this piece done so that means that I am working pretty hard to get the rows done that I want to get done each day.

Temperature - August 18
All of the high rows have been completed for the June section and I now just need to finish getting all the low rows done.  I have around 20 more rows to go and hopefully will see all of them done this week if I can focus on getting them done.

My goal before the end of this month is to have a few rows of July done and that means that I am slowly getting caught up on the piece and that does make me feel a little better.

Coffee Quaker - This piece is my Heartstring Sampler and I have to admit that as soon as I saw it I wanted to stitch it. I quickly got the fabric to use on the piece as it is a light beige/brown and it then sat for a few months until this weekend when I finally decided that it was time to at least get it started.
Coffee Quaker - August 19

The first goal that I had was to get all of the words stitched and that meant getting at least one motif also completed so that I knew where the last row of words would go without having to do a lot of counting.

I hope to be able to work on this project one motif at a time and I will be stitching this piece a second time as it is going to be for my sister.  We are both coffee lovers and get that from our mom.  I am also using some of the floss that my mom gave me so we both going to have a project using mom's floss or at least some of the floss.  I will be adding the rest of the floss that is needed for the project.


Thread X-Mas Ornaments
Other projects - well what do you do with all the ends of threads that you have from your stitching?  Well, if you are like a lot of stitchers you collect them for a year and then either throw them out or you do something like I did.  Yesterday, I finally sat down and decided that it was time to fill the glass ornaments that I had picked up last fall.

What is nice is I can see the different colours and sometimes I even remember the projects that I did to get all of a certain colour.  The ornament that is filled with a lot of red is from the two projects that I did early last year for Canada.  I can then look and see that all the other projects that I worked on last year are now put into different ornaments and that makes me feel great.

I do have some other projects that I have been working on and I am getting closer to get them done.  Some of the projects will be going up on ETSY once they are all done so that is why I haven't shown any pictures yet.  I figure that I am going to take all the pictures at once and then will have something to show.


This week I am not sure how much time I will have to stitch but I hope to be able to at least spend some time on both Temperature and Mystery SAL.  I know that I have a long list of things to complete for work so that is what needs to get first and then I will see what time I have to craft in the evenings.




No comments: