Tuesday, February 20, 2018

A good week and a long weekend

Swan - Feb 17
 Here it is another week and I can honesty say that I did bounce between quite a few projects in this last week.  Some got lots of attention and some got just a little bit of attention.

Swan - Feb 19th
Swan - I am very happy with the progress that I have been able to make on Swan this week.  I have been trying to focus on this piece to see how much of it I could get finished in February and am happy with the progress that I have been making on it.  I have just about finished the reflection of the second swan so that means that I will just have the main swan to complete so now to see how much of it I can actually get finished this month.

I am still trying to get this piece done by the end of April so I hope to be able to do that.  I am going to continue to work on it more this month and will see what it looks like by the end of the month.

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL - Feb 11

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL - now this project kept getting the attention of two threads a day until I knew I was very close to getting February finished and then I added a couple of extra threads to get the month finished and I am now sitting and waiting to see what the March section of the piece looks like.

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL - Feb 16
This piece is a lot of fun to work on and with working with three colours it does give me a bit of variety in the stitching but it also means that it works up quickly becuase I am not having to constantly change the thread colour.


Linen and Threads Mystery SAL ' 17 -Nov 29
Linen and Threads Mystery SAL 2017 - After finished the other mystery sal I decided that I would pull out the one from last year and see if I could start making some progress on it.  I am going to try and work the two threads a day on this piece when I am waiting for the next month of the current Mystery SAL.
Linen and Threads Mystery SAL '17 - Feb 19

Last year's version of the Mystery SAL was started at the beginning of last year but I restarted it in November when I realized that I didn't like the original fabric and how it was turning out.  This version is working up a little quicker and now to see how much of it I can get done during this year.  I am using two colours on this version with one being the main colour and the other being an accent.

Tiger Lily - Dec 21
Tiger Lily - now this project appeared for a couple of hours this week and that was it. I figured that at least adding a few stitches to the piece would move it forward a little bit so that is what I did.

Tiger Lily - Feb 12
This is a full coverage piece and it is going to measure about 6 inches square when it's finished so I still have quite a bit of stitching to do before it is done but that doesn't bother me as I will pick this up when I am in the mood to work on it.

Temperature - Feb 3
Temperature - this project put down for over a week and that meant that I had quite a bit of stitching done to get it back to being caught up.  After a bit of work I was able to get it back to close to being caught up.  I have now stitched up through the 17th of February so now I am only two days behind and will add rows through this week so that I don't get behind again.

Temperature - Feb 18
I am thinking that this week may be getting some of the yellow added if the forecast is going to be in the teens like the forecast it.  I will see what colours are added this week and then go from there.  I am enjoying this project as it is quick to work on and I never know what colour I will be adding next as it all depends on the weather that we get.

Erasmus - Jan 14
Erasmus - I started this project in January and worked on it a couple of days then.  I then put it away and didn't pick it up again until this month where it has got one day of work.  This piece has been for an art show that I was doing in July and as of this weekend I am thinking if I will be doing it or not.  I am not going to force myself to get things finished for it and if I can get some of the projects finished by then great but if they aren't finished I am not going to be upset.

Erasmus - Feb 14

Yes this week was a bit of bouncing between projects but that didn't bother me because it  also helped me get back to having a focus later on in the week.  I am now going to see if I can focus on a couple of projects and will see how that goes.  Swan will get attention again this week and I will see how much of it I can get done. 

I have some work that now needs to get done so I will focus on that today and will see if I can find some stitching time this evening while I sit and watch the Olympics.  Hope everyone has been having a good week of stitching and will see what I have to show next week.







No comments: