Monday, October 24, 2016

Where did the week go?

Soft lilac baby afghan
I am really not sure where the last week went other than we were extremely busy which meant that there wasn't a lot of time to sit and craft.

The soft lilac baby afghan did get a bit of attention and I was able to finish it up on Saturday.  I decided that I was going to use up the ball of yarn that I was using for it and that was going to determine the size of the afghan.  I was able to get the afghan to 30 rounds and then realized that I wouldn't have enough yarn to do another round.  A quick single crochet around the outside gave it a finish and I didn't have a lot of yarn left after that.

blue marble afghan
Yesterday I decided that as I do crochet in the car that I needed another project to have with us when we are out and about.  Yes, being a passenger in the car means that I can sit and crochet when we are going out.  I had a ball of blue marble yarn hand so that was started into another baby afghan and will see how quickly it gets finished. This is a project that probably won't get a lot of attention at home for a while but at least it is ready for the next time we are going out in the car.

The green shawl that I am working on is continuing to get a bit of attention and again I made a bit of progress.  I have now reached the half way mark on the shawl so that made me feel very good last night.  The shawl now measures 36 inches and that made me happy.  I know that this week I am going to try and work on it a bit more as I would like to see it moved forward quicker than it had been giong.

Another project got added to the needles this weekend but there really isn't anything to show from it.  I decided that I would knit myself a shrug so that was started on Saturday evening.  It is going to be the project that I work on when I need a break from the green shawl so it won't get a lot of attention for a while.

I was able to find a bit of crafting time on the weekend which made me happy.  My cross-stitch stayed put away for the week as I knew that I wouldn't have the time to confuse on it.  Maybe this week I will see if one of them gets any attention but considering our schedule I don't think any of them will get much attention until at least the weekend.

It is now time to get some work done and then will see if I can find any time this evening to work on a craft for a bit.

No comments: