Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Another week

This week I was able to find a bit of time to actually sit and craft.  My focus on this past week was to try and get projects moved forward and that is what I did.
Granny square baby afghan

The first project was to work on the granny square baby afghan that I started in July as I wanted to see if I could get it done.  I had around 26 rounds done and wanted to get to 32 rounds so over the last week I was able to do that.  I finished the actual stitching of the afghan on Saturday and now just need to sew the ends in and then the afghan will be complete.  It feels good knowing that this project is finished and I still have some yarn left so will be making some baby hats out of the remaining yarn.

After I finished the granny square afghan I looked around and noticed that I had a mauve ball of yarn that would make a nice afghan so I started another afghan Saturday evening.  I didn't get a lot of it done so there isn't a picture to show off yet.

As this was a long weekend here in Canada as it was our Thanksgiving, I was able to spend some time over the weekend working on some cross-stitch.  Two different projects go some attention and some progress was made on both of them.
Monarch Butterfly - September 30th

The Monarch Butterfly got some time last night and I am seeing that I am slowly making some progress on it.  I hope that through this week I will be able to get some more of this one done as I am really looking forward to seeing it finished.

With the Monarch Butterfly I am still working on getting all the sides completed and then I will just have the inside of the piece to focus on.  I now just have the right side of the piece to finish and then it will be the middle that will get the attention.  Hopefully I will be able to get the side finished this week and then the centre is left and hopefully I will be able to make some progress on it as well.
Monarch Butterfly - October 10th

The other cross-stitch that got some attention was Sugar as I continue to work on getting the background done.  This project is something that I can work on while I am listening to podcasts. 

I still have some of the background to do but I am thinking that I may try and get a bit more of the actual stitching done over the next little while.  I don't know how much time I will have on this project but I am thinking that maybe even spending an evening on this one will help me see a bit of progress on the actual dog.

Sugar - September 5th
These are the projects that got my attention this past week and I will see who I work on this week.

I am pretty sure that the Monarch Butterfly will get a bit more attention as I want to see what this piece looks like very soon.  Of course, a lot of what I can work on will depend on the time that I have available. 
Sugar - October 10th

Stitching is a great way for me to relax in the evenings and I hope to be able to find some time this week to do just that.  It is such a nice way to relax and actually think a lot of the various projects through.  There are evenings when I am stitching but my mind is still on the project that I was working on during the day.

I have a lot of projects that are currently waiting to be worked on in the evenings but I am thinking that I am going to focus on just a couple of projects to see how they go.

Now to see which work project I will focus on and get it finished up as well.  I know that there are a lot of things needing my attention so now to start working through everything.

No comments: