Monday, February 8, 2016

Progress and a finish

Bluenose Dime - Jan 22nd
This past week I was able to find some time to actually work on a couple of cross-stitch projects. I have been really trying to find time most evenings to at least spend an hour working on a project.

Bluenose Dime hadn't seen any work on it for almost two weeks so I figured it was time to try and at least get a few stitches done on it. I added some of the white for one of the sails so hopefully this week I will be able to do more of this project. 

Bluenose Dime - Feb 4th
 I am going to try and get most of the regular thread stitches done on Bluenose Dime before I start working with the silk threads.  I figure I want to ensure I have lots of places to secure the silk threads before I start working with them.  Silk and Rayon threads do have habits of wanting to un-stitch themselves if not secured well as want to ensure I can secure them well.

Blackwork Princess - Jan 31st
Blackwork Princess was the one project that got most of the attention this week.  I figured just sitting and working on it for a while would mean that I might actually get it finished this week.  The good news is I was able to get it finished so that is another project that is ready to be framed.

It is nice seeing both the Blackwork Princess and Blackwork Knight finished and ready for framing.  I am not sure how quickly they will be framed but at least the stitching part is now done on both of them.
Blackwork Princess - Feb 7th

Blackwork Knight
Now that Blackwork Princess is completed I am going to go back and work on some of the other pieces that I also want to get done quickly.  I know the pieces that are currently waiting to be finished are:
  • Butterfly
  • Lady
  • Erasmus
These are just three projects that I can quickly think about that I would like to finish soon.

Besides all the cross-stitching that I am working on, I also have a purple baby afghan that is getting a little bit of attention.  The baby afghan is normally worked on Monday evenings when I curl up and watch one program on television for 2 hours.  The afghan means that I can watch the program and get something done but not have to watch a pattern.

Work is now needing to be done today so it is off to get some of that done.  Hopefully next week I will have more to show for the week.  It is also Family Day next Monday here in Ontario so my update won't be until next Tuesday for the progress for the week.


No comments: