Monday, August 24, 2015

Stitching progress

Celtic Butterfly - August 16th
Where did the last week go?  
Celtic Butterfly - August 23rd

It's hard to believe that another week has gone by and my stitching progress has one again been slow.  Of course, being busy with work and life in general it has meant that I haven't been able to get as much time for stitching in as I would have liked.

I was able to spend some time on the butterfly and am happy to be able to say that I am now seeing the end of this project.  I love the butterfly it is just the overdyed thread that is getting to me.  I have to keep remembering what end of the floss I put in the needle and how any threads have been used on each side of the butterfly.  Theses are the things that have mean a bit slower progress on this version than on the blue version of the butterfly.

I do have one more version of the butterfly that I would like to stitch but it is going to wait for a while as I think I need a break from this design.  I also have a couple of other projects that need some attention so will be trying to get back to them after the butterfly is completed.
Polar Bear - August 16th

Besides working on the butterfly I was able to spend some time one evening working on the polar bear.  Of course I can work hours on this project before it will look like much but at least I am slowly making some progress on all the blue that is in the piece.

Polar Bear - August 23rd
This week I hope to be able to put the polar bar onto the scroll bars and then I may be able to make some progress a little faster on the piece.  Well, at least that is my thinking but considering the size of it there is a lot of work ahead of me on this project to even get it partly done.  I have been trying to continue to work on no more than two of the pages of the design at once.  I think if I can get at least the first page done I will feel good but that means I have to focus on the lower part of the water and get it done.

This week I am not sure how much time I will have for stitching but am going to try and make a bit of progress on at least the butterfly.

The shawl that I started last week is also starting to look a bit better so hopefully I can work on that as well this week.  Most of the crocheting on the shawl this week was done while sitting in a car as a passenger.  It's great having a pattern that I can do without really looking at it. I think the shawl is around 12 inches long and I need to get it to 60 inches before it's done.  So maybe next week I will remember to take a picture of it so that I can add it to the blog.

Now it's time for me to get to work and get some things off my desk.


No comments: