Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Projects on the go

Schlock with Gun - July 26th
This last week I decided that I was going to try and work on a couple of projects instead of just one and that is what I did.

Schlock with Gun - Aug 3rd
Schlock with Gun got a bit of attention during the week because it is something that is easy to pick up and work on when I don't have lots of time to stitch.  Of course, I didn't get lots done and part of that was due to the heat but also I had other things bouncing around in my mind that were distractions.

Besides working on Schlock with Gun this week, I figured it was time to try and start the second version of the Celtic butterfly so that is what I did. This version of the butterfly is using an overdyed silk thread and I am looking forward to spending a bit more time on this project so that I can see it really come to life.  I am working on this butterfly a lot differently than the first one as I want to take full advantage of the colour changes in the thread. I am stitching the piece as if I was drawing it so it is taking a bit more focus.

Celtic butterfly - August 3rd
Well, the weekend came and after not getting much stitching done I decided it was time to pick up something different and see how much I could get done in part of a day.  Yesterday was a holiday, so I figured it was a good day to try and focus on a project for a little bit. The project that I picked up meant another start but that is fine because this project is going to take some time to finish. I have wanted to stitch a picture of a polar bear so I am using a picture that I took and have now converted it into a cross-stitch.  The final piece will be 18"x12" so I have a lot of work ahead of me to get this one done.  The polar bear is a piece that I am hoping to be able to hang in my office so that is what I am thinking about.
Polar Bear face on - August 3

This week I hope to be able to find a couple of evenings where I can lose myself in my stitching.  Not sure what project will get the attention but I know that at least one of them will be moving forward before the end of the week.

I know that I have a lot of projects on the go but each of them provides me with a different type of stitching and that is what I enjoy.

Today is a busy day work wise for me so it is time that i focus on the work so that maybe I will be able to find a little bit of time this evening to pick up a project and work on it.

No comments: