Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Stitching Time

Ok, this is my third attempt to write this blog today.  It's been one of those days that every time I have tried to sit down and relax for a few minutes something else has happened.

My biscornu
This weekend I decided that it was time to sit and relax for a little while and maybe stitch something.  Well even before I could decide on what I was going to work on, I had an idea in my head that needed to be charted and stitched.  The results are the two biscornus that I have stitched now.  Yes one of them is very small and I have enough fabric left that I am now going to use the same design and make a scissor fob as well.
Top of my biscornu

The fun part of this was I really didn't know what it was going to look like until I had finished stitching the top of it.  I picked some fabric I had around and then looked at the over-dyed flosses that I had and matched them up.  I am pretty happy with the pattern so now just need to find a bit of time where I can stitch the other piece and then make the two biscornus and then the scissor fob.

Today has been a very crazy day for me so even taking these few minutes to write this up has felt so good.  I figured if I didn't post these pictures today I would forget until I had them all finished.

Now to get back to work and see what else I can accomplish as I think it's going to be a very long day today. 


1 comment:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Oh how pretty those are--love the color you picked--
hugs, di and miss gracie