Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Understanding the important things in life

I am sitting here at my computer today and thinking about some of the things that are really important to me.  One of the things that I can say is most important is the love and support that I get from my DH.  He is always there by my side letting me know that I can do want I want to do and my dreams are achievable.  I also have some great friends that will listen to me when I need that shoulder and won't complain when I just need to express my true feelings.

My DH is one of those guys that is there no matter what and I am there for him as well.  We sometimes may drive each other a little crazy because of our own ideas but at least we listen to each other and figure out what will work for the two of us.  Dreams can be achieved and time alone for each of us is also am important part of our lives.

I am writing this today as I sit back and remember a party I attended 14 years ago today.  I went to a party because I needed a change and didn't know that I was going to meet someone that was going to change my life.  At that party I met a few people but one certain guy stood out and later that year we started dating.  It's hard to believe that it's been 14 years since we met but all I can say is I am really glad that I went to that party because if I hadn't I wouldn't have met my DH.

For me one of the important things is life is taking time to remember what makes me happy and knowing that I have a partner and a best friend.  My dreams and wishes may change over time but the one thing that never changes is how much my DH means to me.  14 years ago I met my DH and hope we have many many more years together.

So remember it is important to take time for yourself and maybe dream just a little.

No comments: