Monday, August 27, 2012

Life is very busy right now

So I haven't posted for the last couple of weeks and that is basically because I have been extremely busy with other parts of my life.  Work has gotten busy for me which is great in a lot of ways.  It does mean that I am getting paid to do a lot of the things that I love to do.  The down side is that I haven't had a lot of chance to sit and write or even craft.

Yesterday my big project was frogging a bunch of preemie sweaters that I had partly completed.  I didn't know where the pattern was and figured I would use the yarn for baby hats so frogging it went.  The good news is I now have a bunch of balls of sports weight yarn ready to be made into some baby and preemie hats instead of sitting as partly completed projects.  The bad news is I am seeing how much yarn is now sitting waiting for crocheting up.

I did work on another project over the last couple of weeks and was really happy on Saturday when I was able to cast it off the needles.  That was as long as the happy feeling lasted because the shawl was a lot smaller than it was suppose to be.  OK, I didn't knit a swatch before starting the shawl which I should have but I used worsted weight like the pattern called for.  That was also the problem as there seems to be different weights of worsted weight yarn and I had the thinner yarn that I should have been using.  Now I have a shawl that is about 6 inches shorter than it should be.  So now I have a shawl that doesn't fit me and am trying to figure out if I am going to frog that project as well.  I know that I could use this yarn to make a wrap for myself so that might be what I end up doing.

The pattern for the shawl is still sitting waiting for me to work on it again but I just need to find the yarn that I want to make the shawl from. 

So I have lots of projects waiting to be worked on and this morning while sitting and watching the early morning news I started a cardigan for myself.  Now that is the project that I will be working on and hopefully in the near future I will have a picture to show.

Work calls so off to get some of it done so that I can craft this evening.

No comments: