Monday, April 9, 2012

Thumb splint

So here is what I am dealing with for the next too many weeks.  I have started to find crafts that I can do while wearing this splint so am starting to feel a little better.

It has been an interesting week since getting this splint as so many things need to be done a little differently than before.  Even holding a glass in my left hand was a challenge but have been able to over come that by changing the glass that I use at home for water.

Since my last post I have been able to start to cross-stitch which made me very happy so I hope that I can post a picture of my weekend progress tomorrow.    I actually started two projects and have another one waiting to be started.  My DH has had to deal with me  asking for help when I run into an issue that I can't deal with myself.    At least I am asking for help which is something I don't normally do.

Last night I decided to try and crochet a bit and I was able to do it which again made me happy because I do like sitting and crocheting while I watch some programs on tv. 

I am going to continue to learn how to deal with this splint and I know I will get better at doing things with my right hand. 

1 comment:

neurologist nyc said...

I like your style: brief and informative. Good job!