Wednesday, January 25, 2012

One finish and one start

Three Butterflies - One completed
As you can see I put the final stitches in my first of the Three Butterflies by Calico Crossroads.  This was the project that I had to finish before I started working on organizing all of my cross stitch kits on Sunday.  This pattern didn't take me too long to complete other than all the light gray background.  I am happy with this but have to admit that instead of starting the next butterfly from this pattern I had to start something different.  Yes that is my problem but this is one pattern I have been waiting patiently to start so it's now underway.

Creating Yourself
The pattern is Creating Yourself by Imaginating and I liked it when I had to put it up on Gitta's website.  The link will take you right to the page it is on so you can see the completed one, it's about half way down the page.  What I really like about this pattern besides it being butterflies is the saying "Life Isn't About Finding Yourself, Life Is About Creating Yourself - Shaw".  I think this is such a true quote because I don't think there is another person just like you out there so you won't be able to find you.

This is the project that is now going to be getting quite a bit of me attention until it's completed.  The picture is what I accomplished Sunday evening after getting all the other kits put into boxes and ready for my attention when I need something to work on.  Well maybe I should say something different to work on because I always have something to work on.

Now back to studying so that I can take some time this weekend to sit and cross-stitch to give this new project a bit more life.

No comments: