Monday, December 12, 2011

Time to focus on things

I think now is the time I need to actually focus on the things that need to get done before the end of the year instead of working on all the things that can wait.  I realized last night that I have a couple of things that need to be finished and instead of working on them I am working on charity items that I don't need until the new year.

One of the reasons I keep working on the charity items is they are mindless things to me so I can work on them while watching a hockey game or another program that I have taped.  I know that if I would focus on the things that need to get done I can get them done quickly and then I can get back to my mindless things.

I think a lot of people are like me and enjoy doing the simple things when they are relaxing and then will work on the more difficult things when their mind is clear.  I guess that means I need to work on the difficult things soon so that over the holidays I can relax more.

Now the challenge is to actually focus on the more difficult things while also relaxing a bit.  This time of year is always a crazy time so maybe next year I will not try to do as many things that need my attention at the end of the year.

Time will tell.

No comments: