Saturday, April 16, 2011

Stitching

Yesterday I went to the Creativ Festival at the International Centre here in Toronto.  I looked around and saw quite a few things that I would like but was good and only picked up a couple of items. 

When I got home a project was calling out to me so I decided it was time to sit down and stitch for a while.  I got Ink Circles "Celtic Quilts: Crown of Squares" but didn't like the colours it called for so this week when I was in Gitta's I picked the colours I wanted to use for the design.  So I sat down and started to work on it.
Ink Circles:  Crown of Squares
Now the fabric I am using is a hand dyed grey fabric which I picked up at the NeedleWorkers MarketPlace a couple of weeks ago.  So far the pattern is working up quickly but I am concentrating on the outline first and then I will work on filling in all the areas.  The main part of this pattern was pinks and rose colours and considering I am not into those colours too much I decided to use the greys and blues which I prefer.  I did keep one of the rose colours so will use it in one spot where they had called for a blue.

This week I also started working on the Round Robin piece from the Getaway so will have a picture of that in the next couple of days.

My goal this weekend is to work on Crown of Squares and see how much I am actually get completed.

My knitting needles and crochet hooks have been down for quite a while so hope that I can soon pick them up again and start seeing progress on that front as well.

1 comment:

Dani - tkdchick said...

Looks like a good new start.