Monday, November 20, 2023

Again, made some progress

 Here it is the start of another week and I week that I think is going to be pretty busy. I am not certain what I will get done this week with regards to crafting, but we will just have to wait and see.

I have been able to spend some time in the last week getting some crafting done so that has made me a little happier. This coming week I will see what time I have, and which project or projects get the attention.

Star Touched Meadows - November - here is the cross stitch piece that got my attention in the last week. This is a stitch along hosted by Carolyn Manning called Star Touched Meadows. It is a twelve-month stitch along and each month you get a new design that is 77 x 77 stitches but full coverage.

This is the November piece as the stitch along just started. I am going to be trying to make some more progress on this piece as it would be nice to have it closer to a finish before the next piece comes out on December 1st. What I have been trying to do is get some of the diamonds stitched, so that I can work on filling in some of the other colours and have places where I can secure my threads.

This week I would like to see if I can move this forward a bit more, but I also have a couple of Christmas ornaments that I should try and get done. What I may try and do if my schedule allows is work on the ornaments for part of the week and then work on this project for a bit as well.

Curling Mist Shawl - here is the knitting project that I have been working on and trying to get it closer to a finish. Last week I decided that I was going to try and focus on this knitting for a little while and see how much of it I could get done. At the end of last week, I had the cable section and the garter section to do as well as finish a garter section. 

In the last week I focused on getting some of the knitting done and I finished the one section of garter and then I worked on the cable section and got it completed as well. It was nice to get that much of the shawl moved forward. I have also been working on the final garter section and how have 14 rows to go to finish the shawl.

This project is enjoyable to work on, but the rows do take quite a while to get done. I finished out that each row takes about 10 minutes to complete so I don't get a lot of progress during my 30 minutes of knitting that I try and do each day. At least I am moving the project forward. This week I am going to try and find some time to work on this shawl and maybe even get it off the needles.

Other projects - as you can imagine I didn't get much progress on anything else. I have been working on getting progress on the shawl so that took most of my time. This week I am not certain what will get my attention, but I do know that I would like to see some progress on things.

I hope everyone is finding that little bit of time each day to make progress on something. The progress may be reading a few pages of a book or spending that bit of time just sitting and recharging. Progress doesn't have to be something that you can see. Spending time planning a vacation in y our head is also progress.

Next week I hope to have a bit of progress to show you on something that I have been doing. I am not certain what is going to get my attention other than the shawl. Have a good week and remember that we all need to take that little bit of time for ourselves each day.


No comments: