Monday, December 19, 2022

Progress and a couple of finishes

Here it is the start of another week and one week before Christmas. We are working on wrapping up a bunch of things here at home and in regard to work, so will see how things go through the rest of this week. 

I have been doing little bits of crafting over the last week, but life got in the way for some of it, so that means that I didn't get quite as much done as I would have liked to do. Now to see what the next couple of weeks are like, as I would like to see if I can spend some time just hiding and getting some crafting done.

Holly - here is one of the projects that I wanted to get done. I had completed stitching the first of the three Holly ornaments that I wanted to do, but still have the other two to stitch and also get ready to give. There weren't very big as the frame is only 2"x3" so something that is quick to make.

This weekend I decided it was time to sit down and work on getting the last two stitched and as soon as they were finished, I was able to put all three of them into their frames, and they are now finished. They were a lot of fun to work on and am now happy that the final things I needed for Christmas are now finished.

English paper piecing - this week I was able to get a few more motifs completed and hopefully over the next couple of weeks I can start to join more of the motifs onto the throw as the bag of motifs is starting to get rather large.

I also need to work on joining the large motifs onto that throw as well, as I better get back to joining motifs instead of just making them. The making of the motifs is a great thing in the evening because I don't need a lot of good light to do these, and it gets something done when I am starting to wrap up for the evening.

Simple Triangle Shawl - yes, I have started another shawl. This last week was a very interesting week and after having some issues with another knitting project, I figured it was time to pick up something that was very easy and something that I could work on and see results quickly. This one is using up some more yarn and I will see how large it gets as I am going to be working on this shawl until the ball of yarn is finished, or at least that is my goal right now on this shawl.

These shawls are very easy to work on and something that I can see results on quickly, and I will just have to figure out what I will be doing with all these shawls after they are all done.

Wavy Lace Scarf - here is the knitting project that I had issues with this week. It is a pretty easy pattern, but after messing it up a couple of times, I figured I needed to take a bit of a break from it. I hope to get back to working on this scarf this week, as I would like to see it finished before too long. 

Other projects - I didn't work on any of the other projects that I wanted to work on this past week. If things go well, some of the other projects will start to come back out, and I will see what I can get moved forward.

I hope everything is finding that little bit of time each day to do something that you enjoy doing. This time of year, is busy for so many people, but we also need to ensure that we are taking that little bit of time each day to recharge those personal batteries so that we can continue to get everything else completed.

As this is my last blog before Christmas, I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and hope that you will enjoy some time with the ones that you love.


No comments: