Monday, November 23, 2020

Another week and some stitching

Pandemic Nov 15
Here it is the start of another week and yes I have been able to make some more progress on a couple of things.  I would like to see if I can continue to see progress on projects over the next little while.

Covid-19 continues to be a challenge and Toronto has now gone back into a lockdown so will see how things go.  As of today we are in a 28-day lockdown with most things either closed or with limited access.  It means that we are going to be staying home as much as possible. We at least can still continue to support our clients remotely.

Pandemic - here is the project that has got a lot of my attention.  It feels so good to see some more progress on something.  I feel that just getting more of the different projects moved forward would make me feel a little better.  Pandemic has been the project that I have been working on and am very happy with the progress that I got in over the last week. I still have a very long way to go on this piece but at least I have got one little section moved forward.  I am not sure when this piece will really get finished but at least if I can continue to see bits of progress on it, I will feel a little better.

Pandemic Nov 22
I do enjoy this piece as I like all the different little items that appear and how even sitting for a little while I can start to see changed in the design right now.  I know that when I get to some other sections it will take a while to see progress but that's ok as I am enjoying the stitching.

Socks - this week I finally picked up my socks to knit on again.  I haven't been working on them for quite a while so figured it was time to see if I could start to get some of these actually finished instead of just sitting waiting to be worked on. 

Maybe the cooler weather is also helping me feel that it is getting time to have some nice new socks to put on. I still need to work on the other socks as well because none of them have had the attention since October so now to get back to working on them.  I hope that now that I have got back to knitting on my socks that I will finally get some of them done considering how much sock yarn I currently have.  I am not sure if I will focus on one sock to get it done or if I will bounce between all of these socks but either way they will get moved forward again.

Socks Nov 22

ETSY - the ETSY shop is also moving along and that is something that I have been loving.  DLKsCrafts is my shop where I can sell grime guards and other cross stitch related items.  Sometimes where are thread drops in stock but that is one item that has been difficult to keep in stock so now to get back to making them.  In the shop we are currently also doing a donation of $1 for each grime guard sold between Oct 22nd and December 31st to the Alzheimer's Society of Toronto.  

 

Crafting has been helping me deal with this pandemic and I hope that everyone has found their own way of dealing with it.  It has been a challenge for so many people to go through this year and know that no matter what you aren't alone.  We have gone to conferences virtually this year and in the last week we even attended a wine tasting session virtually.  Yes, there are a lot of things that can help you spend some time and not feel so alone.

I hope that you have a good week and you find a bit of time each day to do something that you enjoy.  Stay safe and stay home as much as possible and know that things will get better one day.

No comments: