Monday, October 5, 2020

Another week of progress

Here it is another week and now to see what I have been able to get done in the last week.  We are continuing to work remotely for our clients as the number of Covid-19 cases continues to climb here in Ontario.  The city hasn't closed places yet but I think it is just a matter of days before we hear of some either closures or limitations.  Restaurants are still allowed to serve in store but I think that is going to be changing soon as that we can get this virus under control again.

Blushing - this project did get quite a bit of attention this last week and part of that is because of how much I am enjoying working on it. It is so much fun to see the different sections of the rose appear as well as parts of the background.

I have been able to get the entire left side of the pattern completed now and am looking forward to seeing the rest of the design appear.  Over the weekend I decided it was time to figure out the outline of the rose so that I could start to add those stitches that there are only a small number of in the entire design.  A lot of these stitches are along the end of the rose so figured getting the outline completed would help me start to add in some of those stitches.

This week I hope to be able to add in some more colours to the rose as I am looking forward to seeing more of the detail.  It is now getting closer to the end but still have quite a bit of stitching to go before it is actually finished.  I know the finished size of it which is good and I know that before long I will start to see the end is getting close.

This has been the only cross stitch that I have worked on in the last couple of weeks and I am not sure what this week has in store.  I know that I have some work that needs my attention so that is first and then I hope to be able to continue to get a few stitches on this project every day. 

Socks - here is a project that gets a bit of attention some nights after dinner.  My pair of socks is getting closer to actually being a pair.  I haven't finished the length yet but it shouldn't take me much longer to knit this one sock.  The yarn is so nice to work with and I have been enjoying working on these. 

I know that I have enjoyed knitting this pair of socks as I have already decided on which colour yarn I will be using for the next pair and it is sitting waiting to be started as soon as this pair is off the circular needle.

Knitting socks it isn't a cost savings but knitting socks is for the enjoyment of making them.  I enjoy knitting these tube socks and I know that they fit me so that is why I am making them.  I love having a project that I can pick up and work on for even 5 or 10 minutes and not worry about finishing either a row or a pattern.

 

It is now time for me to get to work so that I can get everything done that needs my attention. If things go well I might be able to find some time to work on Blushing and my sock later today.

I hope everyone continues to find the bits of time each day to do the things that you love.  We may not get lots of time each day but even those few minutes can help us relax and recharge our personal batteries.  Have a good week and try and stay safe.





No comments: