Monday, October 19, 2020

Another week and a small finish

Blushing Oct 12

Here it is a Monday morning and I am happy to say that we continue to stay safe while dealing with Covid-19. Last weekend restaurants closed to in-store dining and now another area just north of Toronto has closed it's dining for 28 days.  It something that we all have to deal with and wearing masks and social distancing are things that we all have to continue to do.

Work is continuing as a remote job but for us that is a lot of how we were managing client work before.  Yes, we did have some site visits but for a lot of the normal work it can be done remotely so Covid-19 hasn't resulted in much of a change in where we work.

Blushing Oct 18
Blushing - yes I continued to work on this project last week and am getting closer to a finish.  I have been trying to work on areas of the rose as well as the background to see more of it moved forward. I haven't finished many more colours but at least I am slowly starting to see the rose get completed.  I would like to see if I can continue to make the progress that I have been making on this project as I have a couple of other projects that I would like to work on soon but I don't want to start them until this is completed.

This week I hope to be able to get some more stitching in on Roses and maybe even get closer to having it finished. I am currently at 88.8% completed so hopefully by the end of the week I will be over 90% done.

Sock Oct 12Socks - now here is the project that continues but also changes each week.  The tube socks that I have been knitting are so much fun.  I love watching how the yarn makes each sock just a little different.  

I finished the sock that I was working on last weekend and immediately had to start the next one for that pair.  I love how they are turning out and am looking forward to see more progress on this sock over this week.

Sock Oct 18
I have found that socks work wonderfully when I am watching presentations because it means that I can focus on the presentation but also keep my hands busy (avoiding doing things on the computer).  Having the 8 inch circular need also helps as I find I can now knit these socks pretty quickly with that size needle.  Sure I have to use double pointed needles when I am doing the toe but that doesn't bother me.  I love these and am looking forward to seeing what the other colours of yarn are like.

Last week I got a wonderful delivery and that was another two pair of 8 inch circular needles so I guess you know what that means.  I now have more needles to make more socks so watch for more colours of socks to start to appear.

 

I am still working on a few other projects but nothing that is worth taking pictures of.  I hope that after this week I will have more things to show as it would be nice to continue to see other projects moved forward as well. 

Covid-19 has impacted a lot of things for everyone and conferences are sure different this year.  All of the various conferences that we went to are now virtual so instead of sitting with others we are sitting in front of our own computer attending these events. If you have attending any conferences this year you will know what I mean.

It is now time for me to get some of the work done that I need to do today. I hope everyone continues to stay safe and you also find a bit of time each day to do the things that you love.  Remember that we all need a bit of time to recharge our personal batteries so that we are able to help everyone else.




 

No comments: